Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Friars-Pride-supports-National-Fish-and-Chip-Day-2015-Krispies.jpg

Which of those chips is the fish?

I can imagine a lot of itchy mouse clicks waiting for a new upgrade ;)
On another note I bought a Helix Rack to go with my Axe Fx II, with the limited time I've had to contrast and compare its been interesting

Let's keep it in perspective. 8.02 already rivals the best tube amps in existence. What could Cliff possibly do as far as pure tone? Nothing at this point can be "light years better" as I often hear because it's already pretty awesome. IMHO anything Cliff does as far as tone is the equivalent of having a great amp modded. It could just be a slight tweak on greatness.

Let's keep it in perspective. 8.02 already rivals the best tube amps in existence. What could Cliff possibly do as far as pure tone? Nothing at this point can be "light years better" as I often hear because it's already pretty awesome. IMHO anything Cliff does as far as tone is the equivalent of having a great amp modded. It could just be a slight tweak on greatness.
I think we have all heard that before... Usually right before @FractalAudio drops another mind bomb on us with his epiphanies!

I wonder how much square footage it would take to have all the gear that is in the Axe Fx put in a room. A very large room I'm sure! The speaker cabinets, amp heads, pedals, rack gear, mics, etc. How does Cliff shrink it down and cram it all in? A magic shrinking ray gun?

I agree! I think this is why we're seeing the tweaked presets being released now - that's the next most obvious way to maximize tonal goodness.

I think we have all heard that before... Usually right before @FractalAudio drops another mind bomb on us with his epiphanies!
I strongly agree with @bstaley ... I enjoy the new FW updates a lot, but IMHO, it has been a long time since a FW moved the needle for me significantly in terms of base tone across the board. The AF2 is already quite accurate and has been for a long time. I know everyone enjoys the updates and the incremental approach to 100% perfection is appreciated and astonishing to watch... it is also fun to try to see what's different, nice to see bugs being fixed, get new features, etc, but it has been a long time since something has felt like a ginormous improvement for me, I am not seeing accuracy leap frogging happening anymore. YMMV.

I agree with zenaxe. I used to jump on fw updates like the rest, but for awhile now I read the release notes first and if nothing hits my fancy, I wont bother updating. All I'm looking for now is more modern high gain amps, overdrives, etc. Been ages since we had new amps....

People have been saying this for almost a decade! I have a few of these devices now incl a profiler, and while I am very fond of, and appreciative of all, each still has its own slightly different edge over the other. From this I can only conclude that none of them are fully there yet!
Your conclusion would be faulty. The only way for you to come to a correct conclusion would be to compare the actual amps that were modeled in the same setting they were modeled in.

Back
Top Bottom