Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Okay, cool. So now I need to learn how to find them.... Thanks!
They'll be in the unzipped folder with the firmware download named UltraRes Samples.
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 16.07.32.png

You can then use the AxeManage tool in AxeEdit to just drag and drop the cab files into the user slots.

My GF eventually got used to me obsessing over the Axe. One evening I was late meeting up with her after work, and I told her Cliff Chase and Paul Reed Smith were to blame. :D After nearly two years with the AFX, Cliff's name is as much a household name as Johnny Depp in our house.
Did she achieve official title of wife yet and if not be prepared for her to be the first to bring up the subject of the axe lol

Did she achieve official title of wife yet and if not be prepared for her to be the first to bring up the subject of the axe lol
Haha. No, no wife title, prob not for awhile. She's actually cool with all the music gear, it just takes up more of my time than she would like sometimes.:D

The new celestions are not there, is the same folder that came with FW Q8.01: OH, TAF as always but none of the CEL cabs
View attachment 40061

As said many times;
The new Celestion cabs are NOT in the UltraRes Samples directory
of the FIRMWARE-ZIP-FILE AND NOT in the factory cabs of the AxeFx II !

They are commercial cabs, only allowed to be used here IN THE AXEFX.
So they have been implemented in the FACTORY CABS to be prevented
of exporting into another kind of IR-format, which would help to use
them in another type of gear or software.

In fact of having less memory-space for factory cabs in the AxeFx II,
FAS would have been forced to delete some other factory cabs
in the AxeFx II.

Am I right in thinking I should unplug the MFC-101 before updating the AxeFX? What are the risks in not doing so? I might have just updated without unplugging... and it might not be the first time.

Am I right in thinking I should unplug the MFC-101 before updating the AxeFX? What are the risks in not doing so? I might have just updated without unplugging... and it might not be the first time.

Always unplug the MFC while updating firmware. Firmware might get corrupted by the MFC sending MIDI messages while the new firmware is being processed.

Read the AXE-FX II FIRMWARE UPDATE GUIDE contained in the update .zip file:
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, please disconnect anything that could interfere with the update: MIDI Cables, the MFC-101, anything in the Axe-Fx II PEDAL jack. Also QUIT any software applications which could try to communicate with your Axe-Fx II, including Axe-Edit, Cab-Lab, other MIDI utilities, digital audio workstations, music players, etc.

Im really loving the different textures of the distortion on the last few updates. Its really easy to get a "fuzz" type texture on some amp models, even without even using the drives. Thanks Fas!

Does the Fryette D60 model sound like it has the right amount of gain for those who own, or have used the real deal? I just recently updated, and while the model did get better sounding, it also lost a lot of gain compared to Quantum 3, which I was previously using.

Does the Fryette D60 model sound like it has the right amount of gain for those who own, or have used the real deal? I just recently updated, and while the model did get better sounding, it also lost a lot of gain compared to Quantum 3, which I was previously using.
I don't use that model but I've seen a few guys post that type gain seems to have dropped...

I've seen this comparative mindset posted often throughout the evolution of the AXE-FX and I fail to see the importance, significance or relevance in comparing a previous lesser evolved firmware with the current more highly evolved firmware version. (Unless it leads to a bug-discovery of course) Change in sound and feel etc. is inevitable on the path of firmware perfection. To quote 'The Borg,' Resistance is futile.
I say, forget the past,... just dial this mind boggling device in the way you like and enjoy the current step forward with it's continuously ever-changing refinements/improvements. Cheers!

Last edited:
I've seen this comparative mindset posted often throughout the evolution of the AXE-FX and I fail to see the importance, significance or relevance in comparing a previous lesser evolved firmware with the current more highly evolved firmware version. (Unless it leads to a bug-discovery of course) Change in sound and feel etc. is inevitable on the path of firmware perfection. To quote 'The Borg,' Resistance is futile.
I say, just dial it in the way you like and enjoy the current step forward with all the ever-changing mind boggling refinements/improvements. Cheers!
If a high gain amp has significantly less gain, I think it is fair to raise the question. The previous poster is just asking if the model is accurate to the real amp... Probably trying to determine if this is an expected change or a bug...

Yes... and as noted... with the include qualifier "unless it leads to a bug-discovery" If one desires more 'Gain' it's readily available and easy enough to achieve. Yes?!

Back
Top Bottom