Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

When IR's are included as a factory cab, they are not able to be downloaded and shared amongst users. Fractal does not own the rights to most of the factory supplied IR's, therefore they can not make them available for download. The only way Fractal can use them is through some type of arrangement with the IR maker that probably states that as long as they are part of the locked in firmware IR's, they have permission to use them. Since the MK I/II only has a limited umber of factory cab slots which are all used up, there is no way for them to make these available for the MK I/II users without the consent of the original IR manufacturer.

All the more reason I guess for MK I/II users to upgrade the the XL...
I know there's no more space, but I wish Fractal would replace some of the old original IR's, like 1x6 Oval, with these new ones for us mark I/II peons.

I know there's no more space, but I wish Fractal would replace some of the old original IR's, like 1x6 Oval, with these new ones for us mark I/II peons.

FAS does include many of the missing IR's in the UltraRes Sample folder with the Mark I firmware download.

I'm assuming the new Celestion IR's are in the sample folder yet.

New cabs are great, but seriously - there are plenty to choose from in the AFX, plus tons more that are free - I don't even know how many I have that I've never even tried - I almost always just roll with the stock cabs except for a few specific instances. Just search the forum or axechange for the free ones that are out there. If none of them work, you can always purchase high-quality packs for a very modest price. And most are slightly different flavors of the same cabs.

I'd rather keep something that's unique, like the 1x6, rather than have it be replaced by yet another version of a 4x12 Celestion... just MHO.

I possibly know the reason why this issue is just coming out. There are no doubt a large number effected - but no one brought it up until now..... And If I were a "muted while on" tuner user I also would be embarrassed to post. ;)

Just kidding. Please don't hate me for my Sunday humour - no offense intended. To quip like that, I'm probably just jealous of those performers out there who play under the stage lights...; but I honestly forgot that this setting exists for them.

Not offended... don't worry... I prefer humor to being serious all the time. I guess either I don't remember it happening on the last update or I did do a system backup, and restored it. The memory is not as good as it used to be after so many bar/club gigs. Wish I could update my cranial firmware but alas. Thanks to those of you who have experienced it as well, and shared. This is a great resource, and I'm grateful to have access to all of you, and the vast experience you bring. Cheers

When IR's are included as a factory cab, they are not able to be downloaded and shared amongst users. Fractal does not own the rights to most of the factory supplied IR's, therefore they can not make them available for download. The only way Fractal can use them is through some type of arrangement with the IR maker that probably states that as long as they are part of the locked in firmware IR's, they have permission to use them. Since the MK I/II only has a limited umber of factory cab slots which are all used up, there is no way for them to make these available for the MK I/II users without the consent of the original IR manufacturer.

Hope my earlier post didn't trigger a whole lot of angst regarding the new IRs - my original 'punt' was just for recipes that could be used in Cab-Lab after going and purchasing the relevant IRs from Celestion ..... I would have been willing to buy the original IRs to mix ... (well OK maybe willing) .... it was just curiousity about the new Cabs as mixed by the FAS team .... I'll get over it I'm sure.

Speculation on whatever arrangements might or might not be in place between Celestion or their ilk and FAS isn't something I'm interested in ....... that's between themselves.

As for upgrading to an XL+ for the sake of a few added X/Y's on some blocks and now 5 new Factory cabs ........ I personally won't be doing that anytime soon. The MKI AxeFX is still doing the biz just fine ...... I'm just 'using my ears' as is becoming the creed round these parts and they're still hearing the right things.

However, FAS do still have me by the financial gonads in another way (dammit!). I'm definitely more interested in the AX8 being added to the stable next because of it's form factor and Swiss Army Knife ability to act as a backup to the AxeFX, or a standalone unit direct to amp & FRFR or as a 4CM (or FX only into the loop) device with built in midi footswitching with a conventional amp setup. I've a handy little H&K Grandmeister rig and a not so handy JMP-1/Mesa rig that would just love it I'm sure.

Then once I get it ....... I'll just have to turn off the internet :)

thanks a lot for this clear, non-bs, helpful answer:

The main reason I upgraded to the XL+ was to have the extra space for presets and user cabs, and I don't regret it other than its taken some time to rearrange all my presets and cabs in an order that makes sense to me and easier to find. btw you aren't missing much by not having the missing IR's IMHO.

f8ca4391f64eb8bba6fd908f4046fbca.jpg

Don't you dare! haha

This is probably a dumb question and I apologize for going off topic but I would like to know if there is an update and the fixes or additions dont effect me, should I still update or is it ok to stay where I am at? Thanks

This is probably a dumb question and I apologize for going off topic but I would like to know if there is an update and the fixes or additions dont effect me, should I still update or is it ok to stay where I am at? Thanks
You don't have to update if you're happy where you are

Back
Top Bottom