Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

anyone experiencing any problems with their headphone port not working after the update?? I have the XL+ version.

The Mark I and II don't have enough memory for more cab slots and obviously FAS don't want to make those cabs available as syx. Probably it's due to restrictions of the creators of those IRs.

@FractalAudio Would you please tell why AXE FX original users are left out in all these IR updates?
I don't really get it.
When IR's are included as a factory cab, they are not able to be downloaded and shared amongst users. Fractal does not own the rights to most of the factory supplied IR's, therefore they can not make them available for download. The only way Fractal can use them is through some type of arrangement with the IR maker that probably states that as long as they are part of the locked in firmware IR's, they have permission to use them. Since the MK I/II only has a limited umber of factory cab slots which are all used up, there is no way for them to make these available for the MK I/II users without the consent of the original IR manufacturer.

All the more reason I guess for MK I/II users to upgrade the the XL...

Sorry for the "newb-factor" on this question but... When you perform an update like 8.02 etc., Do your system settings change or revert? Do some cab IR's change? Thanks in advance.

@FractalAudio Would you please tell why AXE FX original users are left out in all these IR updates?
I don't really get it.

Would you have been happier with updates for MKI/II users having stopped 6 months ago as was originally the case ? As a MKII users I'm just darn thankful I'm still able to get the amp updates and honestly could care less about "Missing out" on 5 IR's.

I have like 10,000 IR's from various cab packs, Ownhammer etc I've literally never gotten around to even checking out yet on my hard drive, AND, if I really, really want the Celestian IR's, I'm free to go buy them

Point of the matter though is I/II owners are NOT left out of anything, and should be grateful our units are still supported even though their lack of memory causes Cliff a lot of difficulty

Sorry for the "newb-factor" on this question but... When you perform an update like 8.02 etc., Do your system settings change or revert? Do some cab IR's change? Thanks in advance.
System settings don't normally change... Although sometimes new capabilities are added and very infrequently the function of a system setting may change.

Occasionally certain factory IRs are replaced, but very infrequently and almost always accompanied by grumbling from someone saying "but that is my go-to IR used in 80% of my presets" :(

Read the release notes - the changes are always listed.

There is nothing more thrilling than sitting down for a Sunday Guitarfest, and to top it off you suddenly check the Fractal Forum to find there's one more tweak available to the AXE FX!! Thank you Cliff and Staff!

System settings don't normally change... Although sometimes new capabilities are added and very infrequently the function of a system setting may change.

Occasionally certain factory IRs are replaced, but very infrequently and almost always accompanied by grumbling from someone saying "but that is my go-to IR used in 80% of my presets" :(

Read the release notes - the changes are always listed.

Thanks. Strangely enough after doing the 8.02 update my tuner settings changed from muted while on, to not muted while on. I didn't recall seeing it mentioned in the release notes but maybe I missed it. Guess I should check before every gig from now on. Let no stone go unturned.

I possibly know the reason why this issue is just coming out. There are no doubt a large number effected - but no one brought it up until now..... And If I were a "muted while on" tuner user I also would be embarrassed to post. ;)

Just kidding. Please don't hate me for my Sunday humour - no offense intended. To quip like that, I'm probably just jealous of those performers out there who play under the stage lights...; but I honestly forgot that this setting exists for them.

I'm an Axe-Fx II user and I realize there is going to come a point where the unit can't be updated anymore and I'm fine with that. Obviously Cliff is not going to leave a particular group out of the updates if he can still provide them. As others have mentioned, there are things you can do with more memory. It is a computer. Like any computer, there is a shelf life for it. At that crossroads, you'll have the choice to either upgrade to an XL or AX8 or just enjoy what you have.

Back
Top Bottom