Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.01 Firmware Release & New Bank A Presets

Got to install v8.01 last night and play a while with my favorite presets. Very, very nice!!! a great balance of all the improvements we've received lately.

Thanks Cliff!!

The tremolo in Swart Atomic is very mild, almost inaudible at max depth. It was stronger 10 firmwares ago.

I have only got through the first 30 new presets - wow - if someone can't find good tone in just these - there is just no tone thats going to satisfy them.
I literally made not one adjustment to any of them- they all sound amazing !

Reactions: Ole
I had the same from 6.02.
In 8.00, a lot (or all, I dont remember) of amps have Master volume at 10.
You have just to decrease the value.

At least with Non-MV amps MV shouldn't be the culprit, as they default to 10 since firmware 10.

Yes, exactly this.

Also, updating firmware does not change MV setting.

If your presets are clipping, adjust the level. Simplest to use Amp block Level control.

Thanks Cliff - for the fantastic firmware and the new presets both! I'm really enjoying 8.01. All of the Fender models sound amazing - have been improving for a while now. Before the AxeFX my all-time favorite clean tone was from a 1964 'blackface' Pro 1x15 combo (non-reverb). I can now dial up several different Fender clean tones in the AxeFX II that easily surpass that beautiful sounding '64 Pro combo. Also, my 1959 SLP patch is now an absolute monster!! Best Marshall tone I've ever had, and so very versatile using just the guitars Volume and Tone controls. This is saying something as I have owned some pretty amazing Marshall's over the years. Prior to recent firmware versions my favorite Marshall tone was from a 1972 JMP50 top through a 'Basketweave' B-cab loaded with unlabeled Celestions (50w drivers IIRC) that I owned back in the 90's - magic combination! The AxeFX II with Q8.01 and my 1959 SLP patch bests that sound quite handily. Nice

The tremolo in Swart Atomic is very mild, almost inaudible at max depth. It was stronger 10 firmwares ago.

I have noticed this as well. I remember the effect being much more pronounced than it is now. This isn't an issue as I'm quite happy with the trem effect I get using the Tremolo/Panner block (this is an effect that I rarely use). Curious though to know what may have caused the change in the Amp block tremolo effect depth for the Swart Atomic (I haven't used this Amp block effect with any other amp model so I've no idea if this is a change noticed in other models where the trem effect is compatible).

Extra special thanks for taking the time to do the presets! The sound of this unit is beautiful. I am just as excited about your product today as I was years ago. Thanks Fractal!

Agreed on the Fenders - went through them last night and wow, never better. The '59 Bassman is awesome in chewy, rich, sweet (sounds like I'm talking about home-made butter almond toffee) distortion which when pushed get's deeeeep. But, roll back on the guitar volume and it celans up really well. Hope to get to the Marshalls this weekend.

That was my observation as well, I think with Q7, but never confirmed / denied. I definitely remember it to have a much deeper throb on some old recordings (> 1 year ago)...

Agreed on the Fenders - went through them last night and wow, never better. The '59 Bassman is awesome in chewy, rich, sweet (sounds like I'm talking about home-made butter almond toffee) distortion which when pushed get's deeeeep. But, roll back on the guitar volume and it celans up really well. Hope to get to the Marshalls this weekend.

Totally agree. I am on the verge of selling my Fender Stratocaster. Last night on a whim I decided to play thru a few of the Fender emulations with my Strat. I'm reconsidering selling the Strat now. :) I was playing Dick Dale, SRV, etc. and was thinking "dangit Cliff!". :)

So I've been using motor drive in the cab and not the amp. Didn't read he release notes. Doh! Anyone else?

Finally got to take these for a spin a little bit ago and wow! So good. I'm in love with the Plexi 100 watt Treble. With the drive block kicked in it so nails that Jake E. Lee Badlands first album tone. Just freaking raw and roaring. Great tone. I'm not much of a Fender Twin Reverb guy but man that sounds incredible too. Cranked up the Reverb and instant The Ventures Pipeline tone. Great job with these presets Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom