Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.01 Firmware Release & New Bank A Presets

Thanks Fractal!

Can i ask why the names are Filter and Emphasis, not Low cut and High level? Its a bit confusing, the word filter can mean anything.

Thanks Fractal!

Can i ask why the names are Filter and Emphasis, not Low cut and High level? Its a bit confusing, the word filter can mean anything.

Those are the terms that are frequently used on compressors. Emphasis always means a high frequency boost. Furthermore the Filter parameter readout is in Hz and goes from 10 Hz to 1 KHz making it's function self-explanatory.

I need some help:

After update to FW 8.00 Fractal-Bot and Axe-Edit are getting Time-Out messages attempting to get firmware version. Now I can't update my unit (MK II) to 8.01. Any ideas?

I need some help:

After update to FW 8.00 Fractal-Bot and Axe-Edit are getting Time-Out messages attempting to get firmware version. Now I can't update my unit (MK II) to 8.01. Any ideas?

"Problem" partially solved!
I/O MENU - USB Adapter Mode now defaults to OFF. Turned it ON and now Fractalbot works fine, Updated to 8.01. No success with Axe-Edit yet.

Last edited:
"Problem" partially solved!
I/O MENU - USB Adapter Mode now defaults to OFF. Turned it ON and now Fractalbot works fine, Updated to 8.01. No success with Axe-Edit yet.
You don't need USB adapter mode, unless you didn't install the AxeFx drivers ?

I posted this on the Q8.00 thread just a few hours before Q8.01 released and wanted to make it available here. If anyone wants to play with a 5F1 Tweed EC (Clapton Vibro Champ) IR, I shot a single 57 capture yesterday. It's a cool little amp with unique character. I hope you have fun!

Attachments

• YA Tweed EC 57.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 92
I posted this on the Q8.00 thread just a few hours before Q8.01 released and wanted to make it available here. If anyone wants to play with a 5F1 Tweed EC (Clapton Vibro Champ) IR, I shot a single 57 capture yesterday. It's a cool little amp with unique character. I hope you have fun!

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I found the factory 1x8 IR's either too boomy or bright so I look forward to trying this one out.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I found the factory 1x8 IR's either too boomy or bright so I look forward to trying this one out.

I hope you like it. It responds just like the real amp. It LOVES my tele for a gritty bluesy tone, and my humbucking guitars get an aggressive Jack White kind of vibe. The real amp in the room is one of the spittiest amps I've ever played when you drive it hard, so pay attention to your input drive to tweak your response. It's really sensitive, but sounds really cool.

Is it possible to load the new bank A presets into bank C when the Mk II version is ready? I use bank A a lot and wouldn't want to overwrite or revert back and forth between factory and user versions of bank A to try these presets. Thanks for all the updates and improvements!

Is it possible to load the new bank A presets into bank C when the Mk II version is ready? I use bank A a lot and wouldn't want to overwrite or revert back and forth between factory and user versions of bank A to try these presets. Thanks for all the updates and improvements!

Yes .., I'm pretty sure that FractalBot prompts you prior to loading ....

This new version seemed a little brighter than 8.0 when I tried it out this morning. I might need to make some EQ adjustments to my patches to account for this added brightness.

This new version seemed a little brighter than 8.0 when I tried it out this morning. I might need to make some EQ adjustments to my patches to account for this added brightness.

Yes, that makes sense given the release notes:
Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.

Yes in Fractal Bot you can choose where to place Bank A.

Okay... It can't get any better startiiiiiinnnnnng..... Now!...

How many times have we said that! The '6G12 Concert 5SC' from Freman on Scene 4... Daaamn!

How many times have we said thank you... Not enough! Thanks Cliff and Co!

Back
Top Bottom