Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested 10 amp models. A "soft reset" made absolutely no difference at all.

Note that all these models were reset by me after installing fw 7.00.
If you haven't done that, resetting now WILL have an impact.

Hey Yek, by "soft reset" do you mean just unselecting then reselecting the same amp versus starting from a clean slate?

I tested 10 amp models. A "soft reset" made absolutely no difference at all.

Note that all these models were reset by me after installing fw 7.00.
If you haven't done that, resetting now WILL have an impact.
Wow, I thought for sure that I had done a soft reset on all my amp models in FW 7.00, and when doing it again in Beta 8 I noticed a huge difference in all of them again!

So when I updated should my amp block speaker drive be at 0? Mine are still at .50 until I do a re-select. Is this correct?

as a reminder to those of you who feel the Effects are neglected (and I iam always pleased to see new permutations by FAS), it has been proven by whizkids like @simeon and, of course , @Admin M@ , that the tools are in the box for creating virtually any effect, if ya got the tweaking skills. if you are not so confidant yet, as I am not,even after years of fractal play, (but learning every day, thanks to this forum), cop Simeon's FX blocks and synth patches on his website, and you will be enlightened and amazed and looking for the PayPal link.. ( tho I hope he adds to his collection using the latest goodies...)
http://simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/blocks.html

BTW! After figuring out that a few of my fave amps are temporarily borked(nuclear tone, etc) , and that Cliff has already attended to that fix to be released SOON, i can opine this . BEST FW YET.

BTW! After figuring out that a few of my fave amps are temporarily borked(nuclear tone, etc) , and that Cliff has already attended to that fix to be released SOON, i can opine this . BEST FW YET.

Funny you say that, firmware Q7.02 is the only one I've really used so far, and I had a good thing going with a Nuclear Tone/Atomica High amp mix - the Nuclear Tone added a nice fizz to the sound that also cleaned up nicely. And now it seems that model was broken in 7.0+, and soon to be fixed... :p

Funny you say that, firmware Q7.02 is the only one I've really used so far, and I had a good thing going with a Nuclear Tone/Atomica High amp mix - the Nuclear Tone added a nice fizz to the sound that also cleaned up nicely. And now it seems that model was broken in 7.0+, and soon to be fixed... :p

The model is not broken in 7.xx. It's broken in 8.00 beta.

I dunno, dudes. I just replaced Q7.x with Q8 and perhaps this early morning coffee grogginess is fooling my ears, but things are sounding amazing.

Like...Fucking. Amazing.

I am definitely noticing more note definition in chords. I've also noticed improvements in linear\digital harshness via more "randomness" in a musical way that I had issues with when I unboxed this thing a few years ago. The higher spectrum of frequencies sound a lot spongier and smooth compared to past Firmware, imo. So when you combine those improvements with Q8 - Holy Balls.

So whatever you people are doing over at Fractal - keep fucking doing it.

:sunglasses:
I dunno, dudes. I just replaced Q7.x with Q8 and perhaps this early morning coffee grogginess is fooling my ears, but things are sounding amazing.

Like...Fucking. Amazing.

I am definitely noticing more note definition in chords. I've also noticed improvements in linear\digital harshness via more "randomness" in a musical way that I had issues with when I unboxed this thing a few years ago. The higher spectrum of frequencies sound a lot spongier and smooth compared to past Firmware, imo. So when you combine those improvements with Q8 - Holy Balls.

you got it wrong ...the accepted phrase around here is Holy SHITballs!!!!

As I posted earlier, I'd say 75% of my patches clip horribly in fw8 as they did in 7.01, 7.02 was fine, go figure, I'll wait for the final release to see if its any better

It sounds to me like you accidentally turned power amp modeling off in your Global settings.

Like...Fucking. Amazing.

Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom