Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero..

I'm still confused how to set the motor drive and the settings on the motor drive page. Can anyone give me any tips for how this is intended to be dialed? I understand you're looking to get -3db of gain for USA cabs and -6db for euro cabs, but what about the gain and the delay controls??? Totally still confused.

For reference... https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/motor-drive-suggestions-for-frfr.126544/#post-1505542

Please help!

I'm still confused how to set the motor drive and the settings on the motor drive page. Can anyone give me any tips for how this is intended to be dialed? I understand you're looking to get -3db of gain for USA cabs and -6db for euro cabs, but what about the gain and the delay controls??? Totally still confused.
That's 3 dB of gain reduction. Pull up the Motor Drive parameter on the front panel. There's a gain reduction meter there. Watch what it does while you play.

For reference... https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/motor-drive-suggestions-for-frfr.126544/#post-1505542

Please help!
Where have you found info that the motor drive parameter is cab dependent for realism? As far as I recall, the comment about British vs American was about the speakers themselves, not the cabs.

Where have you found info that the motor drive parameter is cab dependent for realism? As far as I recall, the comment about British vs American was about the speakers themselves, not the cabs.

Thats what jakbar stated in the thread I posted...

"I think it was decided that setting the level so the meter goes to 6db for Brit speakers and 3db for USA speakers.".

Personally, I have no idea how to dial motor drive and the other parameters. Somehow I totally missed any discussion about it. I'm totally lost. I don't even know what it does, why we need it and why it's in the Axe!

That's 3 dB of gain reduction. Pull up the Motor Drive parameter on the front panel. There's a gain reduction meter there. Watch what it does while you play.

I know about the noise reduction meter. But what about the drive settings and how much gain reduction is desired?

All right, here we go:

ODS Clean and TX Star Clean: kind of like the unit's in bypass mode, very dull.

Nuclear: has a nasty buzzy distortion, almost like digital clipping.

Not sure about the Boutique now, haven't played the previous version for some time.

Fenders, Marshalls, Wreckers etc. all sound great.

I'm on an XL.

ODS-100 Clean sounds fine here. In fact it sounds amazing. Maybe the best clean model IMO. You have to really crank the MV though (just like the real amp).

Thats what jakbar stated in the thread I posted...

"I think it was decided that setting the level so the meter goes to 6db for Brit speakers and 3db for USA speakers.".

Personally, I have no idea how to dial motor drive and the other parameters. Somehow I totally missed any discussion about it. I'm totally lost. I don't even know what it does, why we need it and why it's in the Axe!
That statement came from Cliff to begin with, so you might want to dig up that original post. Anyway, even jakbar said that was dependent on speakers, not the cabs. A Mesa cab is still considered "Euro" in this case due to it's Celestion speakers.

This is a totally stupid question, but i never understood, what does Non-MV amps mean (Non-Master Volume), since all the amps have master volume..Dont be mad <3

may i ask where the mistakes that are occuring from time to time are coming from?
Is it a mistake in the program code or more something on the technical side?

what does Non-MV amps mean

The term refers to the original amps themselves. Older amps, such as Fenders, Vox, early Marshalls, etc just had a Volume, and had "no master volume".
Since the architecture doesn't change for them within the Axe, authentic behavior means setting the Axe's MV at 10, within the model. But... it doesn't mean you HAVE to, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom