Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Firmware Release

I didn't like it at 0.5 through FRFR (which is how I use the Axe all the time). I was having to zero it out for every preset after 7.02. Glad to have ti default to zero for Q8.
Absolutely +1. I strongly prefer this off on almost all presets both FRFR and cab style; I rarely take the effort to 'undefault' something but was making an exception for that parameter.

You HAVE to reset the presets, there some consistent change in the ADV page when reselecting the amp.

Updates are all fine and dandy, but it's freakin' time to do something about the EQ page; it's a pain in the ass having to manually redo all the parameters every single time; seriously, it's time to fix that.

EDIT: That being said, it seems to me that the response of the models (USA Leads) has improved, I might be wrong, but it feels that way.

BRIT BROWN IS FREAKIN' COOKING NOW.
No esoteric ADV parameters touched; just selected the amp, crancked the mids a little and used a decent cab.
Might be THE BEST Marshall sound I've made since the wheel was invented. Big thumbs up.

Last edited:
You HAVE to reset the presets, there some consistent change in the ADV page when reselecting the amp.

Updates are all fine and dandy, but it's freakin' time to do something about the EQ page; it's a pain in the ass having to manually redo all the parameters every single time; seriously, it's time to fix that.
While I don't think I would state it so demandingly that would be such a welcome change. Even just an AE option would work.

The defaulting of a parameter to its correct default value for a selected block is something I have been asking for for a long time... it can't be so difficult. Please?

This FW sounds killer.. I didn't get to spend a ton of time w/ 7.02, so I'm not entirely sure how they compare. All I know is that I'm able to get killer sounds from what ever amp/IR pairings I work up, so far. Thanks for the continued support for the MK 1 Cliff. Much appreciated.

Good idea, however I already have the latest USB driver. I'll give it a reinstall though. Standby.

Still crashes. Fresh install of the latest axe edit, USB driver, fw8, new USB cable, used several USB ports on my PC and axe edit still crashes. Rarely have I had axe edit timeouts before 8b & fw8. Nothing has changed on my end other than troubleshooting the aforementioned. I'll just wait for the new axe edit and hopefully that fixes it (and the problem isn't my AxeFX's usb port)

Yeah, the Brit Brown & #34 are pretty freaking amazing. Those aren't two amps that were on my "go to" list, (although #34 is a fairly new addition to the Fractal Family) there's a decent selection of similarly flavored amps in that family. But wow, after reading through everything here, had to fire those two up, and pheeww!! They're both so nice.. String definition, harmonic content, dynamic as can be.. Awesome stuff.
I'll throw this out there too: that CA OD2 is breathing fire too.. just letting ya know. :)

It isn't difficult. See the manual for Axe-Edit.
It states "double click the knob or it's label to set a generic default value (generic knob values will not necessarily be the same as those obtained when you initialise an entire block, change its type, etc)

Which imho, is pretty useless functionality...

I think this product is exemplary, but the initialising of defaults and blocks, especially after a firmware update is fraught with confusion and difficulty that again, imho could be significantly improved. There are multiple threads asking about similar or related functions.

I should've clarified that: I was referring to the Mesa EQ page.
No idea what AE means :|
I think I understood what you meant, wrt to the EQ page. I would extend it to include Depth, Pres, and Master; though, as those three I consider to be user fields and are common amp dial controls.

AE == Axe-Edit.

It states "double click the knob or it's label to set a generic default value (generic knob values will not necessarily be the same as those obtained when you initialise an entire block, change its type, etc)

I think this product is exemplary, but the initialising of defaults and blocks, especially after a firmware update is fraught with confusion and difficulty that again, imho could be significantly improved. There are multiple threads asking about similar or related functions.

+1

I always thought the double-click to restore default meant I could tweak at will and then get back to the factory setting on a control-by-control basis.

I don't really understand why the double-click default is/should be different than the factory default.

I think I understood what you meant, wrt to the EQ page. I would extend it to include Depth, Pres, and Master; though, as those three I consider to be user fields and are common amp dial controls.

AE == Axe-Edit.
Perhaps if there was a way implement a way to save individual pages within the amp block, or even just the EQ page as that page I don't believe ever gets changed like the other pages often do. Kind of like how we can save blocks now...?

Look for the part where it says:
The Axe-Edit Manual said:
Like double-‐tapping BYPASS on the Axe-‐Fx,
initializing returns all of a block’s parameters to
default values.

It would be cool if a there was a way to do a reset (to accommodate newer fw) in a way that left the eq section in the amp block untouched.

Show stopper ? Hell no.

Off to upgrade to 8 !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom