Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Firmware Release

Is there anyone kind enough to tell me the new default value for bias excursion in the Hipower models?
I recently moved to the ax8 and it's the first time I experience the impatience for the porting of the firmware :D

Nuclear Tone is back to it's fantastic "play it light and it chimes just a bit, smack it hard and it's got some hair on it" thing... that's the stuff right there.

The new 5F1 Tweed EC sounds awe-some with a drive in front, anything that'll hit it with a bit more top end and/or a mid push and it really comes alive.

Thanks FAS!
Disagree...Nuclear Tone sounds even BETTER now that mr. Chase gave it some love.........

Woohoo! Firmware Thursday! Thanks FAS! I'm still on 6. something on my XL so will give 8 a go this weekend. Hopefully the update for the AX8 is not far behind as well!

sounds great! Now we just need a new METAL amp to balance out things. The EC, Hook and such sound great but not when I'm thrashing out some chunk nastiness! LOVE Q8! :)WOOH!!!:smilingimp:

So when I updated to 7.02 I only did the deselect on maybe 25 percent of my presets. So now that I have loaded up 8 if I just go in and put the speaker drive at 0 am I getting the full 8 firmware for the rest of my presets?

From the release notes:

"Improved amp modeling. Improves clarity and sounds more “open” especially for non-MV amp models or when the MV is turned up."

Is the improved clarity coming from the new default settings or from the new modeling? In other words, if I don't mess with existing 7.2 presets (ac30tb/ac30hot/tweed), do they sound clearer or still sound like 7.2?

Awesome. NAD! :) I still get excited for new additions to the model family. Of course the bug fixes and new features are nice too. ;) Thanks Cliff and Co.

Back
Top Bottom