Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Public Beta

You are on a roll Cliff! Question, I never touch the motor drive, will this new motor drive change my sound? Is it something a high gainer would need to use or change? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: mak
You're just gonna force me from real cabs into FRFR aren't you ... I've been looking for an excuse ...

(I have this Matrix GT1000FX currently out to the closed-back Friedmann 2x 2x12 cabs)

Now, for the predictable question ...What's the latest thinking on "best speaker" to help a guy get that <ducks_for_cover> "amp in the room sound" </ducks_for_cover>? j/k ;), but does the hive-mind still endorse Atomic CLR and XItones? Are they equally respected for low SPL playing, or do folks tend to go to near-field or mid-field high-end FRFR monitors for lower volume playing, because I want both (high SPL and low)?

Last edited:
Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/7.0/AxeFx2_Quantum_7p02beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/7.0/AxeFx2_XL_Quantum_7p02beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/7.0/AxeFx2_XLplus_Quantum_7p02beta.syx

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Improved Motor Drive algorithm in Cabinet block. New algorithm more accurately models the compression of guitar loudspeakers by factoring in the reactive aspects of the compression.

A gain monitor has been added to the Mix page in the GUI menu to assist in adjusting the amount of compression. Note that typical guitar speakers have around 3-6 dB of compression when driven hard with American speakers being on the low end of that range and British speakers being on the high end. Some speakers can exhibit even more compression than this with compression amounts of 8 dB or more depending upon the magnetic materials used and the construction of the speaker motor.
@Admin M@ Will it also be available for the AX8?

;)

To you guys who feel compelled to spill the beans for those of us who can't currently watch and who are recording to watch later, well, really? I'm thinking of all the places to go where no one will spoil the score. Yeah, the Fractal site will be okay. Little did I know . . .

:p:(

Wow! The new motor drive is seriously cool. Very natural sounding. I like that it's more felt than heard.

;)

To you guys who feel compelled to spill the beans for those of us who can't currently watch and who are recording to watch later, well, really? I'm thinking of all the places to go where no one will spoil the score. Yeah, the Fractal site will be okay. Little did I know . . .

:p:(

In 2010 the Lakers were playing the Celtics in the finals. I was taping it as I had a few work related things to do and would be late for tip off. I got home after avoiding radio, tv, internet, and phone calls and figured I would get a bike ride in and then watch the game. All good! Im riding my bike along the beach and all of a sudden this crowd comes barreling out of a bar hollering and celebrating and yes of course wearing all forms of Laker swag. ARRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!! :eek:

By the way... the motor drive is Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! :)

I really like the new Optical compressors. One complaint I have about compressors is that you either get too much compression or not enough. One thing I really like about my Strymon OB.1 compressor is that it does that "barely there" thing really well, where it adds just the right about of sweetening without being overpowering. Playing with the Optical 1 compressor gets really close to that.

I understand . . . ;)

Wish I still had my Mk1 so that I could check out the beta. For now, I'm loving my AX8.

Take care, Craig.

Scott

You look at current day politics... ____________________ ________ _____________ ________. ____________ __________!!!! _______. _____________-________...... (redacted to keep my views to myself), and you say to yourself.. how can life get any worse?! This is why we decided to not have a kid.

then you look at your axe fx.. and you say to yourself.. can life get any better? I am in heaven. I don't have any room in my head to think about any of that other BS when Im rocking a 50 watt plexi and a marshall 4x12 lynch "fred" mix.... Nothing else matters. Thank you cliff. You gave me, life... a reason.

Sorry about the politics, i had to. I will not elaborate nor explain any of my views... I hate it.

I really like the new Optical compressors. One complaint I have about compressors is that you either get too much compression or not enough. One thing I really like about my Strymon OB.1 compressor is that it does that "barely there" thing really well, where it adds just the right about of sweetening without being overpowering. Playing with the Optical 1 compressor gets really close to that.

The "mix" knob is your friend

Back
Top Bottom