Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

I just got an email from Sweetwater with the Helix on sale for $999
No, that is a new second version of it that was launched just this week, it has reduced I/O and forgoes the footswitch LCDs to achieve a lower target price. It is clearly a long term commitment from L6. Say what you want about them but they NEVER abandon technologies quickly. I think you can still buy new units that have POD2 tech in them. They're big enough they can keep multiple hardware lines alive even when they put something new out.

We get new firmware almost monthly, and this company is still operating back at the original Line 6 incorporation. I'm willing to cheerlead a little for them. They should re-vision their company into Line 7 already, get with the new nerdiness, and release the next level Metal modeling version, which I think should be green, and be called Lyne Disease (after the famous rampaging spirochete), with a separate footpedal, which inevitably should be called the Lyne Disease Spynal Tap Controller. (No offense to all my friends with Lyme disease, which definitely is a terrible, difficult to treat, non-heavy metal poisoning related illness. But if I were wanting to create neurological damage with my playing...).

Come on Line 6 marketers, I'm a gushing fanboy, hire me right away; It will be a mistake, but...

We get new firmware almost monthly, and this company is still operating back at the original Line 6 incorporation. I'm willing to cheerlead a little for them. They should re-vision their company into Line 7 already, get with the new nerdiness, and release the next level Metal modeling version, which I think should be green, and be called Lyne Disease (after the famous rampaging spirochete), with a separate footpedal, which inevitably should be called the Lyne Disease Spynal Tap Controller. (No offense to all my friends with Lyme disease, which definitely is a terrible, difficult to treat, non-heavy metal poisoning related illness. But if I were wanting to create neurological damage with my playing...).

Come on Line 6 marketers, I'm a gushing fanboy, hire me right away; It will be a mistake, but...
You are so nutty I love you man!

I don't usually contribute to these threads, but this time... I have to say: I'm *really* digging the Vibro-King!

Man that amp has really caught my attention with this latest FW as well.. and using the stock VK 3x10 cab with it no less. I've used those amps in the past, so I'm familiar with the actual amp as well. Really sounding/feeling good now. Not sure how long it's been since I tried them in the Axe though.. maybe they were improved a few FWs ago..

Back
Top Bottom