Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

looking forward to some serious play time this weekend. Lately, I've been trying a new amp every weekend to slowly work my way through the hundreds of amps we have at our disposal. With the latest FW are there any that have really come to life for you? I'm usually a high gain nut but I'm thinking something more boutique..slight breakup. thoughts?
I'm a HUGE "Fanboy" of the CA OD-2, (Carol-Ann OD2) and you can pair that up with Factory cab #121 Triptik Mix which is the 1x12 Scholz Sugarcone.. which is also in the "OBOT THE ROBOT" Cab Pack, which is a killer cab pack, (even just for those Scholz IR's alone.) That speaker sings with so many amps. The OD-2 can cover a lot of ground and IMO is one of the most dynamic and touch sensitive amps we have.

I'm a HUGE "Fanboy" of the CA OD-2, (Carol-Ann OD2) and you can pair that up with Factory cab #121 Triptik Mix which is the 1x12 Scholz Sugarcone.. which is also in the "OBOT THE ROBOT" Cab Pack, which is a killer cab pack, (even just for those Scholz IR's alone.) That speaker sings with so many amps. The OD-2 can cover a lot of ground and IMO is one of the most dynamic and touch sensitive amps we have.
sweet, i'll give that a try. For the record, I'm a 'fanboy' also. I personally have no issue with the term, I'm just a fan of this place and product. 'A rose by any other name is just as sweet' or something like that...

looking forward to some serious play time this weekend. Lately, I've been trying a new amp every weekend to slowly work my way through the hundreds of amps we have at our disposal. With the latest FW are there any that have really come to life for you? I'm usually a high gain nut but I'm thinking something more boutique..slight breakup. thoughts?

With the Gibson Les Paul Custom [stock p.u.s], the Supremo Trem is a little treasure!
Use factory Cabs 085 and 095 with 085 at a level of -4.
The 'X' state on the Amp block has 1.80 Input Drive, whereas the 'Y' state is maxed @ 10 Input Drive, Bright Cap 859.4, and the Input Trim @ 1.8, so you get cleanish and dirty.
Neither a Fender nor Marshall, has a character all of its own.

Fanboy insinuates that there are some that would praise anything Fractal does good or bad, which I have found in my time here on the forum isn't really the case. People here are definitely not afraid to voice their opinions when Fractal does something they do not like.

Now if by Fanboy you mean someone who gets overly excited about every little thing a company does? Then yes, I would say there are alot of Fanboys here with Fractal. I will proudly stand up and say that I am one of them because the Axe FX has been the single most enjoyable, inspiring, and motiving tool for guitar that I have ever purchased. And coming from a product like L6 which was NEVER updated, The firware updates that shoot out around here are extremely exciting wether they are small changes are huge changes, because I know I invested in a company that cares about it's product, and listens to it's user base.

Oh and BTW Q7.02 fucking kills!

With the Gibson Les Paul Custom [stock p.u.s], the Supremo Trem is a little treasure!
Use factory Cabs 085 and 095 with 085 at a level of -4.
The 'X' state on the Amp block has 1.80 Input Drive, whereas the 'Y' state is maxed @ 10 Input Drive, Bright Cap 859.4, and the Input Trim @ 1.8, so you get cleanish and dirty.
Neither a Fender nor Marshall, has a character all of its own.
If you like the Supremo, you need to try it with my Aloha 1X6. The thing just slays all as it is not nasally at all like most modern 1X6's considering it's an original Jensen Blue Label from 1959, never re-coned or never needed voice coil rebuild.

Just did second gig weekend after 7.02 redial. The first weekend was an adjustment, but after not touching the axe-fx all week, this past weekend felt fine. Easy to get used to, and it's so nice to play with a lighter touch whenever you want. And when you dig in, the intensity is there, but dynamics are manageable. Nice.

Last edited:
Played with 7.02 at rehearsals tonight and it was great. I got "What amp was that? It sounds great!" after almost every song. The funny part was, I was just using two models for ten different songs, a Twin and a DC30 along with volume and pickup changes.

My problem with this and the last firmware is instead of updating my presets, I lose hours playing and have only updated a couple of them. Funny how I didn't realize that I was missing anything until Cliff altered the firmware.

Loving the continued support and development as anAxe-Fx is no small investment for us guitarists with Kids at Uni and a Mortgage etc, keep it coming ;)

Back
Top Bottom