Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.01 Firmware Release

I'm aiming to release 7.02beta today. You really need to try this Motor Drive stuff.

Will we ever have anything resmbling Motor Drive make it's way into CabLab? I prefer to bypass stock cabs when recording in favor of using CabLab but Motor Drive is the only thing that I miss.

I'm aiming to release 7.02beta today. You really need to try this Motor Drive stuff.

Dangit Cliff, I still haven't washed my drawers from 7.01 excitement yet. :)

Thanks for the Shimmer Drive and Optical Compressors. I was kind of "oh that's nice" when I read about them. Now that I am using them it is like entering another stage. The clarity of the tone thru my FRFR system is unbelievable. I don't even know what to set anything at. Just know that it sounds amazing. :)

Appreciate all that Fractal does for the customer. It has been a joy owning this unit for the past several years!

That opto 1 is so much fun. Putting two in front of the right Marshall can get you that solo Dallas effect.
So fun to Power chord chunk with the opto

I'm speaking from ignorance, but is there a possibility, down the road, settings like Motor Drive and Low Res Frequency could be incorporated into the Effects Loop block?

as a workaround, you could place a cab block before the fxl block and load the null ir. you can then use all the goodies in the cab block without loading an actual cab ir

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=418

btw - low res frequency is in the speaker page of the amp block (in the axe fx)

Cliff, with the lessons learned have any effect on the "channel strip" thingys that are in the cab block? I use those all the time.

Yes, thats also me - the channel strip in the cabblock is a simple but very powerful thing to change the IR sound.

the Compressor Optical 1 behind the cabblock ("line") is absolut great (Twinamps)- it sets clean Rhythmsounds perfect in the mix. Waiting for the next band pracise.

I wish you guys with these optical compressor ideas, and cab block ideas, could get on a conference line and be interviewed in some sort of tutorial. There's so much power and flexibility in routing options, and I made a 'critical error; in choice of "Instrument/Line" at least per later read instructions. - yet it increased volume relative to noise in my setup so that's why I did it. I had never heard of optical drives until recently. And use of compression blocks anywhere but before the signal chain is also an area that I haven't hear much talk of, although obviously its the use of compressors in recording, I don't know if one would place the block before or after cab and other fx. I am sure I would be enlightened by all your knowledge. If I only worked for an agency that would allow me to listen in. Sigh.

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in." I believe that something was lost in translation. My quote regarding "silly" was in reference to the term used by another to describe my opinion. However, I agree with your sentiment that this discussion has gone on for long enough. I apologize for ruffling the sycophants' alter of worship. I found the solution to my personal difficulty with the new FW - I just purchased another Axe-Fx XL+! Now I can use that one for the current FW and all future upgrades and utilize my other XL+ for the ability to change to previous modeling versions "on the fly." Bring on the slings and arrows but remember this: I am supporting FAS via my monies not some fatuous, hollow, meaningless and gratuitous accolades spewed from the mouths of fawning acolytes.
kinda harsh dude. hey, if you want another unit for whatever reason I wasn't bashing you for it. if it's easier for you that way then cool but for me? not necessary.

back on subject... the new optical comp is magic. inserted #2 into my 5150 preset before the amp. I'm going to want to use this a LOT!

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in." I believe that something was lost in translation. My quote regarding "silly" was in reference to the term used by another to describe my opinion. However, I agree with your sentiment that this discussion has gone on for long enough. I apologize for ruffling the sycophants' alter of worship. I found the solution to my personal difficulty with the new FW - I just purchased another Axe-Fx XL+! Now I can use that one for the current FW and all future upgrades and utilize my other XL+ for the ability to change to previous modeling versions "on the fly." Bring on the slings and arrows but remember this: I am supporting FAS via my monies not some fatuous, hollow, meaningless and gratuitous accolades spewed from the mouths of fawning acolytes.
Xprophet you are right. I view it as a fawning acolyte apocalypse. I've learned to blend in though. Because I don't always support in financial ways, I learn to hypocritically Love the work Fractal does, even if I can't afoord to come to the Loord.. so to speak of curse.

Back
Top Bottom