Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.01 Firmware Release

Ok.....warming up for attending tonight's ZZ TOP performance in Miami Beach... I played along with some Top tracks with with my 7.01supercharged Plexi preset, and was able to proudly keep up with Billy's vaunted toan with 0 effort....Lifes been good to me so far...(J. Walsh)
if Goodbye June is still opening, get there in time to see them. so good friends of mine and a killer band. Singer has some of the best pipes around....

Here's a small present. Someone challenged me to match a Plexi profile. The preset sounds better than the profile IMO. Use Scene 2 to use internal cabs instead of the TMA block.

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/TJ-68%20SuperLead.syx
So I checked the preset and I was wondering is the tone match a match of cabs or cabs and amps? Seems it's going together with the amp block.
I tried running it on a head's DI and it worked well enough although the EQ curve looks like it shouldn't.

About the optical comp, where is the best place to put it in the line/after amp config?
a) after amp but before cab?
b) after amp and cab?
c) after amp/cab and everything is in the chain after amp/cab (the last block is the opt comp)?

yep! never happened to me before the Q6...
but now happens always: i must run the fw upload to the machine twice!
I've updated almost every firmware since 10.0 and never saw this issue... Until Q7.01.

Second load worked with no problems.

yea I did see that.. I didn't read the whole first page.. Just got too excited. Ill tell ya what though.. it does share some similarities with the sparkle drive. I mean, There's about 6 drives in there that just by messing with cuts , tone, and drive.. can get them to all sound exactly the same. But im still a Esoteric, Master Fuzz, Eternal Love, Fet Boost, and SSD man... depending on what Im playing. Now the timothy and Sparkle drive work so perfect with my new spot playing guitar for the worship team in the the new church we just planted a few weeks ago. Took sparkle drive turned low just to boost, and Mz 38 for a test drive last night w. the 4x12 OH MAR-CB M-20-PR CUT-02... HOLY top end SPARKLE, batman. My PRS Vela never sounded so good. Best cleans I've EVER gotten, next to the nuclear-tone.. Still gives it a run for it's money, but I still like the NT for edge of breakup.. Check out the band TAUK if you wanna hear the Swart rocking with a 335, and sounding like the best amp on earth, Gain isn't really up that high, but the dude is able to rock so hard.. and play melody lines that cut through a band with a keyboard playing harmony melody lines, neither gets lost in the mix... Tauk totally made me bust the nuclear tone out and really mess with it until I had some Heavenly lead tones.. next practice with my prog rock band, they are gonna poop their pants, at least i'm hoping. Never sounded so good. GOD I LOVE THIS THING. I also love having a forum where people will listen to each other just praise it non stop every day all day, and share what is making them sound like god descended from heaven and dialed in their amp for them.

Here's a small present. Someone challenged me to match a Plexi profile. The preset sounds better than the profile IMO. Use Scene 2 to use internal cabs instead of the TMA block.

www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/TJ-68%20SuperLead.syx

Killer sounding preset. I converted it to an AX8 preset and have been jamming on it with the factory cabs; anyone willing to export the TM block?

yep! never happened to me before the Q6...
but now happens always: i must run the fw upload to the machine twice!

I have the same problem with Axe Edit on my pc as on my laptop - after awhile Axe Edit pauses and switches IR's sometimes switches the optical 2 to Studio Comp or Pedal Comp 2? I downloaded the fw again reloaded - still happening. Never had this before since fw 5. I've swoped IR's I switched between UltraRes and Stereo UltraRes - still happening in the middle of playing, I don't touch the frontpanel and axe edit pauses and changes in stereo cab mostly the ir on the top while the second ir stays the same?

Thanks! just tried it. Sounds good. I have a hard time setting up compressors right. Never know for sure what to do with the emphasis and look ahead settings. I try to use my ears but sometimes the changes are very subtle. Also not sure whether it sounds best before or after the cab. Also not before or after the drive etc. Too many options.

This is me too. I really struggle setting up the compressors. The changes are indeed subtle sometimes and you just don't know if they are subtly better, or subtly worse. Very difficult thing to set up in my experience. Looking forward to bumbling my way around the new compressor options.

So I applied some of what I learned about compression to the Cab block and reworked the Motor Drive algorithm. Sounds ridiculously good.

Cliff, with the lessons learned have any effect on the "channel strip" thingys that are in the cab block? I use those all the time.

So I checked the preset and I was wondering is the tone match a match of cabs or cabs and amps? Seems it's going together with the amp block.
I tried running it on a head's DI and it worked well enough although the EQ curve looks like it shouldn't.

I thought the curve looked like an IR. A little hard to tell since the Y axis is not labeled in AxeEdit:

upload_2017-3-18_8-33-43.png

Back
Top Bottom