Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

But I thought they were only changing the phase-inverter modeling. Could a phase-inverter really affect the sound in a dramatic way ?

One of the tricks of dialing in a good Overdrive Special tone is to use a trimmer to get just the right balance on the PI section, and to use a good tube in that spot in the first place. Yes, it makes a difference.

It would probably be faster if he didn't get asked for updates every five minutes... ;)

Ummm......ok.

Actually compared to past history I think we as a user base haven't been nearly as demanding of updates as we once were.

In fact I think we are all quite satisfied with what we have right now...but have been around long enough to know that whatever Cliff cooks up ALWAYS turns out great.

For sure. Not as much as messing with the Turbo Encabulator, but still noticable. :(
So true! The supply of inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, also capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters - the heart of the Turbo Encabulator. I can't imagine modeling it. You can hear it, but you really have to know what you are listening for.

Folks, we just gotta be patient. We all know it's gonna be worth the wait

It'll be here when it's here.

Yeah, like all monumental tasks (pyramids, sistine chapels, game of thrones saga or Tyrus Wong Bambi art), this must be done away from the limelight and adding small victories slowly as a laborious ant, please don't hurry the man, we support you Cliff!

Last edited:
He's going to model "tube performance loss" based on how hard you are pushing the amp model.....your sound will progressively deteriorate until, one day, the amp doesn't work, and you have to retube with Fractal, to reactivate it (nominal fee, of course).

i miss the smell of my tube amps occassionally. Can you make an Axe FX with smellivision technology?

Back
Top Bottom