Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

I agree, you're more than likely right. However, sometimes we do get those major updates which prove us wrong from time to time. Its fun to look forward too though.
This is why it is called Quantum; breaking it down to the smallest possible incriments.

It is often the smallest things that make the biggest difference. :cool:

Dagnabbit - I'm leaving the USA for a week and I know this code will drop while I'm away from my rig ... o_O

Luckily, the beta still sounds great!

I'm hoping that since it's been delayed, there's been time to get the AX8 version ready at the same time (or at least the beta?)
Fingers crossed... ;-)

It sounds like at least three amps were coming :p
I think the 3 amps that had issues were amps already in the Axe. Just needed to be remeasured. Maybe at least one new amp is coming (Marshal Club & Country). I could be wrong(I hope 3 amps)

Last edited:
I think the 3 amps that had issues were amps already in the Axe. Just needed to be remeasured. Maybe at least one new amp is coming (Marshal Club & Country). I could be wrong(I hope 3 amps)
Damn phone and it's autocorrect. It should have said 'three amps were cooking'.

The Q7 beta sounds great! Most of the amp models I use are vintage Marshall's, Vox's, and Fenders - along with some of the amps inspired by these circuits, and the Supro. All of the amps I use regularly are non master volume circuits. For high gain I usually smack the front end with a drive pedal model set with just slight breakup, level out signal set high, and tone to taste. The results have been amazing for quite some time now and with incremental improvements all along the way.

I noted a bit more growl even at very low gain, at the verge of breakup when I dig in. The amps snarl a bit more now, and this sounds particularly great when I dig in enough for lower strings to go slightly sharp and settle back to proper pitch while the clipping decreases and smooths out a bit. This is a very expressive characteristic I enjoyed in so many Marshall, Fender, Vox, various Valco amps, and other NMV vintage tube amp's and I'm hearing it more now than in prior updates. The 'feel' is there and keeps improving with each incremental improvement(s) made. Whatever has changed for Q7 beta I like it. A LOT!

I'm very much looking forward to the final release.

Thank you Cliff for your time and efforts! :)

It is a good question if this is even going to be FW 8 or just the 7 release with fixes to the beta. As far as I could tell, Cliff never really told us so it may just be incremental possibly.

But I thought they were only changing the phase-inverter modeling. Could a phase-inverter really affect the sound in a dramatic way ?

i'm guessing it was a value he was approximating, or "guessing" at that he figured out how to do it for real. now he has to go back and get the measurements... math is hard.

Back
Top Bottom