Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

Yup. Just over 2 years with mine, best piece of gear EVER. Spent the last two hours alternating between practicing and improv noodling. FFS this thing is a monster. If the firmware was never updated again it'd still be a complete, slaying beast of tone. That it gets updated so frequently cements it as the elite guitar amp. Bona fide amp solution.

Yes, I think it is significantly harder to dial in than the average tube amp. But the results are your tone (if you want it). And everything is there, spanky clean, sparkly clean, huge ambient washes, warm, jazzy, country chickn' pickn'; all the way to hard rock, then into demonic screaming leads, grinding, Universe-slaying walls of anguish, chunk, djent, thall and fury.

Fuck it I'm not going to work today. Cranking this thing back up.

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I’m half crazy all for the love of you ..."

Heard upon powering down the AXEFX ... just before the <pop!>.

My contender for Matt's next avatar...

Fractal-FW8-Ball.jpg

I have a feeling that this will be the Quantumist of the Quantum Firmwares.

• The sum of Cliff's knowledge is now so immense that even a highly educated person can hope to absorb only a tiny quantum of it.

Patience Fellow Fractallers!! I don't know if you've noticed but a load of the recent FW updates have appeared on a SUNDAY so it's either this w/e or next that Q7 will land and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom