Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

Has anyone commented on the JTM45 yet?

How about the Bassman?

Getting those two models right (even better, I should say) is something I'm looking forward to hearing.

I like the JTM 45 very much again in this 7.0 beta. Together with the CabIR PIN 68 and the RC Boost an unbeatable classic rock ton, with Les and Tele.

I don't know if they were like this before but this update changed the speaker settings to all be this on every preset.
All my tones sound horrible
dfgdfg_zpsllotft8y.png

Went through 7 on my AxeFxII in my little studio and I love it so far. I hope it gets to the Ax8 soon or I'm going to have to drag my AxeFxII to the rehearsal hall and give it a go with my FRFR rig.

Finally home after being away for a week so I can check this fw out !

Any reason I should wait for the release version or just rock on with the beta ?

I loaded the beta right before practice last night. I quickly went through and re selected the amps and then leveled the presets. EVERY patch seemed to fit more easily into the mix. I have NO idea how Cliff keeps making it consistently better!

Yeah, and the tone controls on the amp seem to be more seamless, whereas before it felt to me as if I had to be careful and adjust them a bit to find a position that gave the best impression. Now I think a lot more variations sound useable, and as you say, have the musicality and impact that harmonize with other sounds, as opposed to conflict and get lost. But so far, the extreme settings, such as with the Wrecker models, are best with brand new strings. They get sounding less likeable for me as the strings lose their shimmer.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Non Master Volume Amps.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 64
test

This post is to document the fact that when I reply to a user who has replied to me, the replies cancel out and nothing shows up. (But when I edit, I can see that there is a Quote there, and an End Quote, but the text has been deleted by the next dimensional's who are also responsible for the wear on guitar picks. As Black Sabbath said, Symptom Of The Universe...

Last edited:
Finally home after being away for a week so I can check this fw out !

Any reason I should wait for the release version or just rock on with the beta ?
If you beta, do a back up 1st.

Cliff said the official will most likely be out tomorrow

I tried downloading the beta last night and my stupid computer wouldn't let me download. I have no idea why but eventually gave up. I'll wait until the real deal comes out. :)

I don't know if this has already been reported:

The Double Verb Vib has a weird harmonic when playing notes from B3 to G4. Not happening with the other two Double Verb models

Back
Top Bottom