Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

013_weedle_by_scope66-d4v65j9.png

Anyone who doubts the awesomeness of this firmware must try the Eternal Love into the jumpered JTM 45. Holy crap is that good. Sounds like a vintage Marshall on the edge of tinnitus induction should.

It's the wheedle things in life that bring happiness ;)

Oh boy, I only have 10 hours of work before I can get my hands on this. Today will be a slow day :D

Maybe it's just me, but one thing I've noticed over the last few firmwares is that the Axe Fx has become more 'user friendly' in a way.
What I mean is, I feel like I'm having to do less and less to get the sounds I'm after; the unit sounds so good these days that it's becoming more and more 'plug-and-play' and less 'rocket science' to get a stellar tone.

I'm spending less time fiddling, and more time playing and enjoying the product :)

Maybe it's just me, but one thing I've noticed over the last few firmwares is that the Axe Fx has become more 'user friendly' in a way.
What I mean is, I feel like I'm having to do less and less to get the sounds I'm after; the unit sounds so good these days that it's becoming more and more 'plug-and-play' and less 'rocket science' to get a stellar tone.

I'm spending less time fiddling, and more time playing and enjoying the product :)
yeah. I noticed this a little while ago.

The Super Verb has a mistake in it. When I was entering the data for the model I accidentally changed one of the gain values. I discovered it right after I released the beta as I was going through the factory presets. It will be fixed for the final release.
Cliff, if by Super Verb you mean the 6G4 Super, please tell me what I need to do to keep it sounding like it is now in Q7!! Cause Im getting a Robert Cray tone like never before!!!!

Cliff, if by Super Verb you mean the 6G4 Super, please tell me what I need to do to keep it sounding like it is now in Q7!! Cause Im getting a Robert Cray tone like never before!!!!
Super Verb is Super Verb. 6G4 Super is a different amp.

Can I preemptively bitch about how the correct Super Verb in the actual 7.0 release doesn't sound as good, and how I want the "wrong" model back because I liked it better. To which Cliff, being the worlds most patient and accommodating man alive will probably roll out 7.01, which will have two versions of the Super Verb, both the correct and beta version, because someone on a forum complained about.

Obviously this is all a bit tongue in cheek for those of you who may be newer here and haven't seen some of the responses to progress LOL

My patch for the last week or so has been the Plexi 50W Hi and I really love what this update brought to that!
I just put a simple patch together to try this model with the new firmware. Just a bit of drive, a room reverb. Wow. Noticeably creamier, or is it just late and past my bedtime?

Now this is really sounding good to me! The pick attack seems a little softer (tubier) for some reason, which I really, really like. I don't know if what you did effected that or if I'm hearing things.

Where is the PI Bias Shift parameter adjusted? I'm not finding it in Axe Edit.

Now this is really sounding good to me! The pick attack seems a little softer (tubier) for some reason, which I really, really like. I don't know if what you did effected that or if I'm hearing things.

Where is the PI Bias Shift parameter adjusted? I'm not finding it in Axe Edit.
You'll need to wait for an update to Axe-Edit to find it there. Meanwhile, the front panel is your friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom