Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

From what Cliff has posted -and Im way out of my depth technically here- but this sounds like it is involving a monumental amount of work, effort, time, detailed measuring etc.....

Ive no idea what was involved in moving from the non-Quantum FW's to Quantum FW's as I only came on board to the Axe with Q 1.03 - but that changeover seemed very major at the time.

Im wondering if this is just as big / significant a change, hence the huge effort involved.

Either way though - get some rest - and stop looking at this black box for a while :) <= seriously !!!!

Peace

TOXp8J8.jpg

Last edited:
I believe Cliff also said, a donation to the American Cancer Society or the ASPCA, in one of the other threads about thanking him and FAS.
Also Geezerjohn checked with Cliff and Cliff responded that a donation to the American Cancer Society or ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) would be an appreciated gesture. It's in the thread "So Tired".

ASPCA is one of the few charities that I donate to.
Got to love our furry friends who are always there for us!

+1 for patience solidarity. FAS exhibits an unparalleled customer service model in this industry and the staff deserves support from the customer base to the very same standard.
Yep, for most manufacturers a 'short' cycle for a major-revision-number-bumping FW update is on the order of 6 months if that. It is good to remind yourself of the status quo when you are living large to keep your entitlement in check.

Yep, for most manufacturers a 'short' cycle for a major-revision-number-bumping FW update is on the order of 6 months if that. It is good to remind yourself of the status quo when you are living large to keep your entitlement in check.
Couldn't agree more, so so true,.. especially in this day and age... if there were a 'Double Like' button, I would have checked it twice on your post.

Here are some links about the mystical cathode follower and it's effect on tone, distortion, etc.

http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/dccf.html

From a technical point of view, the cathode follower found in many guitar amps appears quite ordinary. It usually drives a tone stack, which would otherwise present quite a heavy load to a 'normal' gain stage and would result in considerable signal attenuation. The low output impedance of a cathode follower, however, can drive current into heavy loads more easily

However, the cathode follower found in guitar amps is quite peculiar. As well as simply driving a tone stack, it has more effect on overall distortion than any other stage in the preamp. A glance at any very high gain amp will usually reveal at least one of these stages, and sometimes several, at various points i n the preamp. What's more, the stage works so well and sounds so good because it is fundamentally "badly designed", at least, from the 'textbook' point of view.

http://tapeop.com/tutorials/80/crash-course-fender-amplifiers/

Medium-to-large narrow panel amps (Pro, Bandmaster, Super, Bassman, etc.) make use of a cathode follower after the tone stack. As a result, the tone controls behave a bit like overdrive controls — when bass and treble are turned almost (but not fully) all the way up, the hot output from the cathode follower will overdrive the phase inverter and power tubes.

Back
Top Bottom