Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

The Plexis will be even better in the release version. I found a mistake today in the way the B+ was routed into the preamp. Essentially the B+ voltage was not routed to the cathode follower stage properly so the preamp wasn't compressing nearly enough when the power supply sagged. Makes a substantial difference.

I dialed up a 50W Plexi patch using one of the new IRs that will be included and got the best tone I've ever gotten from a modeling device. Heck, maybe the best tone I've gotten from any device, real or modeled.

how much better can they get? for real, the plexis are the best work you've already done I can't imagine them sounding any better, my friend's reissue plexi doesn't even sound as good lol

I wonder if there will be a beta #3 or a full release. Either way I'm enjoying beta #2, just excited to see what's around the corner.

5la355.jpg

I don't know - is it just me or this update sounding better with time? You know, the way scientifically and non controversially, the way a speaker or cable sounds better after so many hours of use. Maybe we don't need the final rel...um.damn..phrasing..the final version. The road to 1000 post!

Last edited:
how much better can they get? for real, the plexis are the best work you've already done I can't imagine them sounding any better, my friend's reissue plexi doesn't even sound as good lol
People on here make this statement routinely, and then.. Cliff makes it better.

friday friday cab 62 so I can update, friday....ok my wife calls this chanting autism...at least when Im doing it alone , making no sense...over and over.

Back
Top Bottom