Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Sorry, going to be a while longer. I had been working on some new measurement techniques and yesterday I stumbled onto something. As a result I ended up changing some of the algorithms but now I have to remeasure a bunch of amps again.

I heard: "I found a way to make your favorite guitar product, which you are already incredibly happy with, even better, but it's going to take a little longer. Sorry about that..."

You're amazing man!

I'm among those gazing wistfully from AX8 country as q7 develops. From my understanding of the MK I/II problem, this mid beta revelatory process likely preserves the lion's share of possible amp block improvements for those units by way of fewer published firmware revisions. If this is true, I can be patient for a long while yet.

Last edited:
Otp3p.jpg

A love letter to Fractal:
As FW's progress and sound better and better, my band, as a unit, sounds the absolute best it ever has. Years and years (7 in total) of amp / speaker changes, Marshall's, to Mesa's, to Vox's, to different Mesa's, to Friedman's, I could never find the perfect amp for our stupid diverse tonal requirements. Now that I have multiple amps to work with in one set, without having to spend 20 grand on 5 different amps and switching systems (which would seem ridiculous anyway in the small venues we still play, and subject us to ridicule and make me look like a rich boy guitar snob, which i'm not, but strangers don't know that I can barely pay my rent because I spend all my money on gear :nomouth: whoops!), we sound better than any band we play with, at any show, and we've seen more upward momentum in the last half year (since I've [not mastered, but] gotten much better with the Axe FX programming learning curve) than the last 6 years combined. With great sound comes ease of playing your instrument, and just a much tighter band as a whole - because I no longer have to use any percentage of brain power worrying about tone. I can now devote 100% of my cognitive function to straight up ROCKING. No more tubes sounding different in every environment, humid rooms, dry rooms, ageing tubes, etc... Thank you axe fx for propelling us from the opening/2nd band on the bill to the headlining band in just a few months. I have a feeling this next FW is going to be yet another game changer and I can't wait. I owe ya one, Cliff. On the edge of my seat for this next one.

hey guys once the new update comes out should I download and reinstall the presets from the fractal site banks A B C

hey guys once the new update comes out should I download and reinstall the presets from the fractal site banks A B C
Only if they get updated. They don't always get updated from release to release. If there are no updates, no need to download and re-install.

You will however need to go to the amp block of the presets and reselect the amp to load up the new default settings.

I'm sad to say that the learn function do not always kick in meaning the key do not shift unless you edit the block and go to page two where the key is shown. It's better than before but when you need it the most it do not shift key.

Is this the way you/FS get's feedback on beta releases or do you assign testers for this? In other words are these comments heard by anyone in the FS team? Just saying this cause there are so many appraisals for the work FS dos (and they are right) in this forum that actually feedback on problems might not be read.

I won't put these comments in the <Bug> forum hence this is not a formal release yet..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom