Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

James Addiction reference ?

I think he means this:

hqdefault.jpg

"DO IT NAAAAUUUUUUUUUUW!!!"

Finally had a chance to install this beta FW this week (up from FW Q6) and play through it a few times.. just at home (no band stuff currently). I received my Axe FX II w/ FW 1 installed years back, so I've been through every FW upgrade since the II was released.

There's definitely some mojo going on with this one for me. I only messed with a few of my presets and then ran through some of the most recently updated factory presets and selected some amps I don't typically use. I felt like there was slightly more difference between some models that may have seemed a little similar previously- specifically a few higher gain models. Subtle, but that's an area I think Cliff has made constant strides in with various FW over time. I also feel like the lows changed a little (for the better) on a few amps. The feel and response seems to have improved a little as well.

I've just scratched the surface, so I'm sure I'll find more differences with time. No question though, as soon as I plugged in and started playing w/ this FW, I got the smiles.

Thank you immensely Cliff for keeping the updates coming for us Mk I users. That's huge for me. You'll see comments on here about how the FW is good enough to never need another upgrade, etc.. No way in hell- cause we know good and well Cliff will keep this moving forward.

may be I'm doing something wrong with the new firmware, but I didn't hear the improvements in the sound... bad for me....

Hello guys!

Some amps settings with my Mesa 2:90 power!

VOX AC-30 TB

- Pi Bias Shift 75%
- XFormer Drive 1.20

BRIT AFS100 1

- Bright Switch Off
- High Cut Freq 20000 or 10000

And Below my clean preset (Cab F034)

Thanks all! :)

Attachments

• Clean JTM 45.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 12
A tubescreamer and the Solo amps equal fire breathers! Never cared much for them in the past. Is this something I missed or is this from the new changes?

He's kidding. Check the emoticon. The first clue is the idea that the ADA is in process. Some have been asking for that for years to no avail.

He's kidding. Check the emoticon. The first clue is the idea that the ADA is in process. Some have been asking for that for years to no avail.

He did say the Archon was highly likely on TGP
For. That one I'll take soon over never anyday lol

I think he is thinking of which 1x12 to get rid of instead of cab 62 since 108 /80% of people who even bothered to vote said keep it!

Damn, I guess I'm just blind as can be. I don't seem to see the Mark IV that Cliff mentioned adding. Anyone care to help an old dude out? ;)

Cheers,

Lee

Damn, I guess I'm just blind as can be. I don't seem to see the Mark IV that Cliff mentioned adding. Anyone care to help an old dude out? ;)

Cheers,

Lee
Don't think that happened... however Dirty Shirley 2 is there and awesome....

A tubescreamer and the Solo amps equal fire breathers! Never cared much for them in the past. Is this something I missed or is this from the new changes?
Soldanos are on the "most affected by beta2" list in the early posting by Cliff

Back
Top Bottom