Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

The Hook is still on the to-do list but I don't anticipate it will change much. That amp doesn't use a cathode follower (it uses a mu follower) so the preamp sound won't change much, if at all. It will benefit from the power amp improvements which is already present in the beta.

I just want to say for the record that the Captain Hook is my new favorite amp and may become a go-to for new band work. Cliff, thanks to you and whoever sent it you. Tone for Dayz.

What's up everyone??!! Brand new here, just got the axe2 xl plus a cpl days ago and man I'm struggling lol. I'm trying to update but can't seem to figure out how convert the syx file I downloaded. Also having the same problem trying to load cabs. I'm using a Mac if that's makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Yeah you need to use Fractal bot to load the new firmware file. If google update Axe Fx II you will find a video I'm sure. Or I'm pretty sure AxeFxtutorials.com will have Chris has a lot of helpful videos.

I just want to say for the record that the Captain Hook is my new favorite amp and may become a go-to for new band work. Cliff, thanks to you and whoever sent it you. Tone for Dayz.

Hey boss is there a certain IR you're really liking with the hook? I have your cab pack. I always gravitated towards the blend mics, specifically the EK mixes or whatever they were labeled. Just wondering. thanks man.

e6fea896cac0c47d842509af713c5f34720dd73f414f56d144ea6037d8a4464a.jpg

Fixed that for you.
kingcrimson.jpg

+1. The Hook is among my all-time favorites. It's rich and complex, and is has its own thing going on with the way it overdrives.
so much this....I just unpacked a set of new Equator D8s and my first revelation is how amazing a nicely driven Hook 1b sounds thru 'em....I got an especially cool tone blending (from buddys boutique) 4x12 Rumble S 4047 B, and 1x12 Nuclear tone 57c. THIS BETA IS THE BESTA

Thank you to everyone at Fractal for the constant attention to detail and making sure the customers are always given the very best guitar tones.
Great products. I really appreciate it.

Still further testing this beta...still great!
Last evening's weapon of choice was the JEM7VWH, the Euro Red/Blue models are aurally stunning with this.
Plus, if you're a fan of the Superverb with a Telecaster, try turning up Xformer Match to 1.8.
I did this by mistake as a tip from Yek's Amp Guide with the wrong Fender model.
Give it a go, you might like the results!

Hey boss is there a certain IR you're really liking with the hook? I have your cab pack. I always gravitated towards the blend mics, specifically the EK mixes or whatever they were labeled. Just wondering. thanks man.

Thanks for the compliment. Don't want to derail thread off Q7, my bad. That "boo-teek" Cab Pack filled a niche in FractalLand that needed to be filled, glad you like it. I keep wanting to produce a video on it, and do some more blends...trying to find the time...

When it comes to 1960's-1970's classic rock stuff/tones, I'm a Greenbacks 4x12 G12-30H or G12M (55 pre-rola) kinda guy...lotsa of good commercial IRs out there for 4x12s and FAS Cab Packs have some very good ones..., but at the moment I am partial to some Ownhammer IR Greenback stuff...that's what I used last night with the Captain Hook. Have a feeling that amp will sound good through just about anything! There is real tone magic in that amp model in particular....it may soon surpass my on-going love for the Bogner Euro/XTC real amp and AXE FX model...

Last edited:
I've been waiting 49 years since my 18th birthday for Firmware Q7beta 2. I think I started at FW 7. Have never been able to play so many great amps with the quality that this latest firmware brings to the table. Trouble with this is, I don't think I'll have another 49 to play. But that's OK. Quality trumps quantity. Thanks Cliff and everyone at FAS for such a great device (Mk II owner).

Back
Top Bottom