Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Check this video out. It's hard to tell what you are doing wrong, but it doesn't sound like you are selecting the downloaded 7.0Beta image to install.

Hey Bisket I got it , thats what I did was drag into the browse then installed it
Thanks
by the way the beta sounds awesome what new amp models was they I haven read the notes yet

Last edited:
Hey Bisket I got it , thats what I did was drag into the browse then installed it
Thanks
by the way the beta sounds awesome what new amp models was they I haven read the notes yet

"....Added “Dirty Shirley 2” amp model based on an earlier version of this amp with some different component values. This model is a little more aggressive than the regular model..."

Now go right away and read the release notes. You must do this. I am watching.

Its taking you too long.

We don't wish to report you to the amp modeler authorities, do we?

I've reset most of my presets to accommodate Q7b2 and am absolutely happy with the results. However two questions.

Will I need to do that again (deselect/reselect/adjust to taste) when the final is released ?

If not am I good to go to deselect/reselect/adjust the rest of my presets in anticipation of final ?

Thanks FAS for everything you do !!!

I've reset most of my presets to accommodate Q7b2 and am absolutely happy with the results. However two questions.

Will I need to do that again (deselect/reselect/adjust to taste) when the final is released ?

If not am I good to go to deselect/reselect/adjust the rest of my presets in anticipation of final ?

I imagine that'll be the case for any presets that contains amps still on the "to do" list

The Fenders. Sweetbabyjesus the Fenders...
I agree!
I spent Sunday converting my Tele presets, mostly Fenders.
The Trainwrecks, rock as well, added the Rocket and Liverpool to the Tele sounds.
I think the Engl Savage has improved quite a bit, noticed that with the Les Paul.
Didn't notice any Mesa improvements, simply because I don't use them!

Since the Quantum versions have been released the tone keeps getting better and better, it sorta sounds as if the tone is getting more fuller and bolder sounding each time, maybe because it's because the harmonics are improving? Just a guess... I don't have the knowledge of Cliff. It's like...if the amps sounds were a photograph...the main picture outline has been there for some time...the colours are becoming more vibrant and the picture is becoming more and more focused.

I agree!
I spent Sunday converting my Tele presets, mostly Fenders.
The Trainwrecks, rock as well, added the Rocket and Liverpool to the Tele sounds.
I think the Engl Savage has improved quite a bit, noticed that with the Les Paul.
Didn't notice any Mesa improvements, simply because I don't use them!

Since the Quantum versions have been released the tone keeps getting better and better, it sorta sounds as if the tone is getting more fuller and bolder sounding each time, maybe because it's because the harmonics are improving? Just a guess... I don't have the knowledge of Cliff. It's like...if the amps sounds were a photograph...the main picture outline has been there for some time...the colours are becoming more vibrant and the picture is becoming more and more focused.

Well written and spot on.

The Superverb normal/vibro seems to have its usual gain settings again?

Sounds very good, I use it with the OH 4x10 IR´s.

Not all amps have been reworked - there are still some amps with kathode followers which will have to be reseted at the final version.
I hope that we will keep the others - as it was in previous Finalversions.

Not all amps have been reworked - there are still some amps with kathode followers which will have to be reseted at the final version.
I hope that we will keep the others - as it was in previous Finalversions.

The Fenders. Sweetbabyjesus the Fenders...

+1

I just put together a DoubleVerb Vib preset that is really great. I never could bond with the Twin early on so I gravitated toward the Bandcommander.

The Twin is pretty sweet baby heysus in the 7.02b FW.

I paired it with the JBL 130 free IR floating around the forum: Twin -> JBL IR -> Mono Tape -> Med Room Rev -> Large Plate Rev.

Pretty stock ish settings too.

For this new FW would I be able to copy X to Y then go back to X and re-select the amp model. Then copy Y to X to have my settings the same as they were. Rather than manually re-enter. Am I making sense lol.
No big deal as my setting aren't to deep. Just wondering

For this new FW would I be able to copy X to Y then go back to X and re-select the amp model. Then copy Y to X to have my settings the same as they were. Rather than manually re-enter. Am I making sense lol.
Yes.

If you are trying to get the "reset" and preserve your other tweaks, I don't think that will accomplish that.

You can save your current setting from X to Y for reference, but even if you reset Y, the copy back of X over Y will be back to square one. It won't be a reset amp block.

Played for a few hours on some different amps... some amps exhibit a "spitty" sounding high end that I do not care for. last one i stopped on was the recto 1 orange. some sound better some sound worse, marshalls and variants seem better. YMMV.

What is causing that spitty sound (best i can describe it, kind of harsh, not smooth at all) and what gets rid of it? has to be something new.

Back
Top Bottom