Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

whoa! Just tried it at a gig tonight, and all I can say is ...

133prm.jpg

Don't want to alarm anyone, but half of the factory cabs sounds horribly wrong and bad.
It happened in 6.02 and 6.03, same thing.
I'm on FW 6.03.1 (for XL) from 01/05/2017 and don't have such problems?!? Maybe it's an Axe-Edit bug? (I edit almost exclusively on the unit's front panel).

I'm on FW 6.03.1 (for XL) from 01/05/2017 and don't have such problems?!? Maybe it's an Axe-Edit bug? (I edit almost exclusively on the unit's front panel).
No no, Axe Edit has nothing to do with it. [Don't why Axe Edit always comes up as the culprit(?)]

Don't want to alarm anyone, but half of the factory cabs sounds horribly wrong and bad.
It happened in 6.02 and 6.03, same thing.

Check the cab size if the cabs you're talking about are not ultrares. Last Beta for me defaulted those to 0 instead of 5 if I remember right.

Apparently you didn't see my thread?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cliff-matt-et-al-a-serious-offer.123379/

Also, it was explicitally stated that the B7K would be included. You may call it "entitled" and "petulant", but get all of your facts straight first, and also check your own entitlement since guitarists get many things they ask for.

If you can find a schematic, we'll model it. I can't find one. Matt is not an engineer and he shouldn't have made a promise like that without understanding what it takes to model things. If everything else we've done for you up to this point is not sufficient then you should look at other products.

Are you sure that Cab Modeling hasn't been turned off in Global?

Check the cab size if the cabs you're talking about are not ultrares. Last Beta for me defaulted those to 0 instead of 5 if I remember right.

No, Cab Modeling is always on.
But here's the funny thing: the problem is gone; they sound fine now.
I just turned it off and on, and I scrolled to all the cabs and they sound as they should.

Maybe something needed a reset?

Here's the schematics for the Acoustic 150 series which includes the 134. Pat Metheny used a pair of these or over 20 years in his heyday. I have a pair of them myself and they sound great. Much warmer than you would ever expect from a solid state amp of that era.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/891112/Acoustic-150.html#manual

:)

My understanding is that the 150 series was similar to the 360/370 which would make the bass players happy too. Just sayin'.

Here's the schematics for the Acoustic 150 series which includes the 134. Pat Metheny used a pair of these or over 20 years in his heyday. I have a pair of them myself and they sound great. Much warmer than you would ever expect from a solid state amp of that era.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/891112/Acoustic-150.html#manual

:)

Is that what a B7K is based on? I know nothing about the pedal. I looked for a schematic for a long time and couldn't find one.

I have been noodlin since 7 , bright and early (can't believe neighbors haven't lynched me yet), but they haven't, I'm very lucky. I just ran through 20 presets, mostly by Fremen, Mark Day, Burg, LM, preset a day guy, and ML (sorry about accurate names), and Latest Quantum beta, and a big smile came over my face, tones were more articulate and harmonic. After sending this, I will explore previously mentioned amps and beyond. S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y is my favorite Day! I should make a rock song out of that...WAIT! I think somebody beat me to it....
Update gets Double Horns!

Man, I'm stuck in Mexico until next week sometime. Ya'll making me super jealous ...o_O

Although I'm posting from a beach in Cancun, I'd rather be with my rig! What a funny and odd perspective. Please post more clips so I can live vicariously through you via the intarwebs.

Back
Top Bottom