Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Save and update done ! First beta ever.
Used fractool to ensure every amp block has modelling set to latest.
Refreshed definitions.
Reset via control+i my preset's amp blocks.

And then I got 10 minutes to try it soundwise XD
That is clearly sounding better !
I use dasmetal and the plexi 100 jump mainly for my cover band and am very happy.

Thanks cliff and fas

How are you guys going about updating the amp blocks without losing your settings? Should we write all the amp block settings down first? There has to be a more practical way to do this than unload, reload, and then reprogram the block, right? I'm thinking of Larry Mitchell who uses around 100 patches. He'll have to reprogram each one, one by one?

What I'm doing now is to have 'mod' in the name of a preset to tell me I've fiddled with parameters beyond the bass/mid/treb, etc, etc.
The presets with mod in them...I've got a Notepad file where I list what I changed and to what value.
Yes, a bit clunky, I know!
I think maybe sometimes the default Amp parameters can change so I don't find it helpful to copy/paste the Amp block [CPU alllowing], flip the original amp back and forth and then compare it with the copied one, which hasn't been flipped.
I wish there was a little notepad thingy you could have with each preset in Axe-Edit, a bit like another type of scratchpad!
A small quibble.
If this amp flipping is what it takes for a non-XL/XL+ user to stay in the game as regards updates, so be it!
Cliff has been very generous in allowing us to keep riding along withe latest firmwares, I mean Q6 was SPECTACULAR!
What a sound, the way the Drive control really opens up the amp, etc.
And now we're on the beta of Q7!!!

So I see lots of mentions of a B7K coming, I've been away from the forum for a while, but has there actually been a mention that it's happening? Can't seem to find anything about it.

How are you guys going about updating the amp blocks without losing your settings? Should we write all the amp block settings down first? There has to be a more practical way to do this than unload, reload, and then reprogram the block, right? I'm thinking of Larry Mitchell who uses around 100 patches. He'll have to reprogram each one, one by one?
I you don´t use the x/y function with two different amps, you can copy the actual amp, reset an recopy your settings.

Or you use global amps.

Sometimes is better to work with a reset default amp and tweak new - maybe with this major changes the better idea. You could miss the sound of the new FW.......

Ha ha ha ha .... :) :) :) .....man am I glad you wrote that .... 13 forum pages and all the clips posted so fae [not many yet] and its impossible to hear anything that differentiates this beta from anything prior :)

Ben
This might be an angry, growling update.........:D

It´s difficult to show a better bass response........you have to try it!

I was playing last night with my strat with the Seymour Duncan stack loaded pickguard and it sounded like I was playing thru a Les Paul. There were these thick, saturated chords coming out of the speaker. Just blew me away. I was playing with the JVM, the CCV, etc., etc. and have been able to get great tones. Love this update.

I didn't realize there would be so much adjustment needed on my CCV 2B patch after this update. haha Had to increase my gain from 1.32 to 5.45 to get in the general range (low-mid gain) I prefer. Still playing and adjusting as I feel necessary. Sounds great so far.
Did you switch from your CCV to another
amp and then back again to reset the amp? I had a similar issue and when I did this it was back to full gain.

I love the sound of this BETA! The Brit 800 Mod! Woo Hoo!

FYI, If you take the PresetADay Brit 800 from Day2 of December. Change the amp to a Brit 800 Mod and choose scene 4 (reverb and delay turned on) it is ridiculous!!! :)

Tx Star Clean isn't clean anymore. Could it be mixed up with Tx Star Lead?

This amp used to be a clean model (like USA Clean), now its way gained up. I've played Mesa Lonestars before and they have way more headroom on the clean channel than this model does.

lovin the bad kitty as has been mentioned but theres an unusual sub bass thing going on. don't really hear it but i feel it on the floor. i'm using JBL LSR monitors with subwoofer and the factory patch (yes, reloaded the model)

lovin the bad kitty as has been mentioned but theres an unusual sub bass thing going on. don't really hear it but i feel it on the floor. i'm using JBL LSR monitors with subwoofer and the factory patch (yes, reloaded the model)

Those amps make a lot of IMD. The real amp does the same thing but you wouldn't normally use a subwoofer with one.

This amp used to be a clean model (like USA Clean), now its way gained up. I've played Mesa Lonestars before and they have way more headroom on the clean channel than this model does.
just checked my LS patch and its still fairly clean (mine was set for edge of breakup though, either way it doesnt sound broken)

That amp model wasn't changed. It's still on the to-do list. And it sounds fine here.

Back
Top Bottom