Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

My original post got deleted. Too bad any reference of it can't be wiped out either. It was an obvious joke on my part, meant to instigate. My post history shows no evidence of any inclination on my part towards any L six persuasion. Late Thursday night failed attempt at humor, with no offense intended.
I'll wipe my reply to it... I found it rather humorous... but now since your post is gone, kinda pointless to have random randomness. :)

cab ir 62, Indispensable: Just went through many IR's I have bought and others in the axe and none like it. PLLLLLLLLLLLEASE take away some other obscure IR. I really dont understand why this has occurred since the LM was already available as a dl.
That's what I'm saying! I think a new thread will have to be created about the merits of that cab, because I think a lot of people skipped over it. I would kind of like to know the history of the exact cab it was modeled from. Where is Yek when you need somebody to make a thread about every individual IR in the little black box? I'm just planting seeds here.... :)

Loud amp time was scrumdiddlyumptious

USA Pre Clean, Shiver Clean, Recto1 Red Mdrn, Recto1 Org Norm, USA IIC++, Dizzy V4 Slvr 3, USA Lead, Brit JM45, Friedman SM Box, Dirty Shirley 2, Friedman H/BE V1, Double Verb Vib, Double Verb SF, and Angle Severe 2 all sounding superb over here. :cool:

How are you guys going about updating the amp blocks without losing your settings? Should we write all the amp block settings down first? There has to be a more practical way to do this than unload, reload, and then reprogram the block, right? I'm thinking of Larry Mitchell who uses around 100 patches. He'll have to reprogram each one, one by one?

I don't know after hearing the Larry
Mitchell 800 Morgan and jumped plexi I was pretty blown away
If Cliff has taken the things learned in that session and applied it to all the amps
I honestly feel it's like the end of a huge fireworks display this could be
It
Obviously they could do UI improvement in future product
Maybe some far field IRs who knows
But the LM tone matched were pretty much spot on IMO

How are you guys going about updating the amp blocks without losing your settings? Should we write all the amp block settings down first? There has to be a more practical way to do this than unload, reload, and then reprogram the block, right? I'm thinking of Larry Mitchell who uses around 100 patches. He'll have to reprogram each one, one by one?

Some advice/counsel...

First thing you do always is to use FractalBot and save everything you have right now, the way you like it/love it.

ALWAYS do this before a firmware update, especially a beta. Because -- you can always go back, and all those old, loved amp settings are there. Security, ah. I believe a saved preset imported into a new firmware should be set to the prior firmware in amp block automatically, with all settings intact in fact. In amp block on one of the pages you can change it to say "latest firmware" if you always want it to change.

Then play with your presets/reset amp, you don't have to initialize the block though. Just change the amp listed in lower corner down to different amp then back up. Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble and Level don't change, BUT Master Volume and Presence/HiCut will, along with boost (if you have it on, it will turn it off) and bright switch will go to default position for the amp. If you have tweaked other amp page parameters, yes, you have to go back and reset those.

I have an XL and keep two raw amp banks, in mono, mono cab, basic amp and cab block and I try to set each amp with a Scene 1/2 Amp XY Cab XY setting that I can then audition when new firmwares come along.

Once this Q7.2+ goes final I will share that with the forum in all AXE FX and AX8 formats as a useful public tool you can customize to your hearts's content with your fav settings and cab choices... and with the last amp added (Dirty Shirley 2), it will now technical take 0-256 presets or equal to three banks space to hold every amp model, we've now crossed the second bank rubicon threshold...

Last edited:
I didn't realize there would be so much adjustment needed on my CCV 2B patch after this update. haha Had to increase my gain from 1.32 to 5.45 to get in the general range (low-mid gain) I prefer. Still playing and adjusting as I feel necessary. Sounds great so far.

Ive found that even when you change all the settings back to previous values it still doesn't sound the same, at least on some amp models.

I've found that when I reset the amp block certain things changed like Bias, hardness etc, but even after recording and changing every setting back, the tone with 7 v2 Beta just sounds different. Low end is very different on some amps in particular.

I think this is a big enough change in overall modeling that there really is no options other than 1) don't upgrade if you like all your current patches or 2) accept you will need to go and make some changes

With Regards to LM, he at least has the luxury of such adjustments being part of his career. For those of us who have to do the 8-5 day job, its a bit harder to find time to tweak/play, but I imagine if playing guitar way my whole career I'd feel better about doing something like taking a day and retweaking all my patches.

So while I love all the tonal improvements, the updates continue to wreak havoc with my patch levels, forcing me to go back and relevel. Is there a shortcut to the amp level parm either through the front panel or Axe-Edit so I don't have to go to each patch, then select the amp block, then go to the level parm for every patch? It would go faster if I could switch to the patch, turn a dial, switch to the next patch, etc.

RR

If you go to the VU meter screen, you have access to the amp levels from that screen. The Axe FX should stay on that screen as you change presets

Messed around with this FW a little tonight.
The Bludotone model keeps getting better IMHO.
Looks and sounds like there are some changes maybe?
Is the Clean amp new? The PAB new? That one is crispy!

That and the Two Rock are my two favorite D style amps in the Axe.

didn't realize there would be so much adjustment needed on my CCV 2B patch after this update. haha Had to increase my gain from 1.32 to 5.45 to get in the general range (low-mid gain) I prefer. Still playing and adjusting as I feel necessary. Sounds great so far.
Same here. I switched to the CCV 2C to get the same sound. The Cameron seems to have gotten a lot tamer

cab ir 62, Indispensable: Just went through many IR's I have bought and others in the axe and none like it. PLLLLLLLLLLLEASE take away some other obscure IR. I really dont understand why this has occurred since the LM was already available as a dl.
+1

I'm up to about 60 or so presets now that get used for songs in my covers band. Last night I went through each one, re-selecting the amp model, whilst checking the changes to settings. It took me about an hour. There were some presets where I had to re-select the Graphic EQ settings, or specific settings, the cut switch, bright switch etc. It all takes time. Then I went though them all again, re-setting the levels using the VU meters. That took another 30 mins. It's all done now, but unfortunately after all that, and some tired ears, it's impossible to tell if there's any real improvement in the new FW.

You know the most awesome thing, and newer users might not truly appreciate this, is how the amount of tweaking required keeps dropping with each firmware update. I used to panic about "losing my presets" years ago because it was like having to start over. Now, I almost want to lose my presets. :) I'm always so excited with what will replace it.

The first thing I did when I heard the basic character of this release, was begin to walk upwards through some of the Factory presets. If the improvements heard were just placebo, then I would still want to skip through a number of them, as I always have. (Although many are nice examples of fx and such, my guitar, with its lack of tone control knob, has 'been particular' about suiting most-effectively only certain of the amp sound presets.)

This time instead of turning quickly through the majority of them, after I reset the amp block, I found something distinctly likeable in each with minor amp tone knob tweaks; except a couple of times I put a filter in as a shelf to block the very low end. But I never found a need to remove high end, and even in an extreme case (extremely bright sound on the bridge pickup) I was still contemplating using the sound, albeit in a limited use.

I really should focus more on a finished product of composition, but preset creation/exploration is more tempting than ever. And Cliff knows it.

Back
Top Bottom