Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

did you reset the amp by choosing another one and then going back to the original?

Potentially stupid question.

Can I avoid deselecting/reselecting amp blocks in each of my presets if I do the following ?

Back up all presets via Fractalbot > load new fw (in this case Q7b2) > reload backed up presets via Fractalbot > Use Al Grenadines magic Fractool batch process to set all of my presets to "Latest".

Would that in effect be a deselect/reselect ?

Eh hem hem Clifford the big red dog!!!!!!!!!!

Uhmmm, you forgot this guy.
cliff-clavin.jpeg

Potentially stupid question.

Can I avoid deselecting/reselecting amp blocks in each of my presets if I do the following ?

Back up all presets via Fractalbot > load new fw (in this case Q7b2) > reload backed up presets via Fractalbot > Use Al Grenadines magic Fractool batch process to set all of my presets to "Latest".

Would that in effect be a deselect/reselect ?

no, i don't think so

Oops, could any other cab than #62 be replaced in the firmware? The V30 in the old #62 is very unique in it's tone, I have about 100 000 IR's and nothing is like that. It's unrealistic and good.

Changing factory cabs can certainly present the need to tonematch or capture the original cab IR (which won't necessarily sound identical). Having a download of the replaced factory cab would make life a lot easier for users who relied on that cab.

I'm of the opinion that new cabs should be presented as free user cab downloads, leaving the factory cabs as is. Having to shuffle your cabs around when you are a regularly gigging professional musician is inconvenient at best. Firmware "churn" (development and improvement) is absolutely essential, but replacing factory cabs not so much.
I'm sure it'd be no sweat for Fractal to supply us with a download. It's funny, this is the ONE cab I worried they would replace because it's so useful to me... and now the day has come lol. I would even be willing to buy it separately if I had to. Cliff?

Cliff Clavin! Timeless repository of incorrect factoids! Jim Jeffries impression is hilarious .
ehhh - little known fact - the word "Quantum" was actually originated from the tv show "Quantum Leap"....

Also - did you know that the harp is a predecessor of the modern day guitar. Early minstrels were much larger people. In fact, they had hands the size of small dogs-

Back
Top Bottom