Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Would be nice to have a beta for the poor AX8 users that even didn't receive some of the fixes of the last non-beta update. But seems that we're not noisy enough :(

This is definitely not a subtle update. Dynamics are amazing! Bass response is improved, noticeably so on the high gain amps as well as the 100 watt Plexi's. The highs seem smoother - even when there's plenty of 'sizzle' dialed in. It just sounds more natural, more like the modeled amps I'm more familiar with. The harmonic overtones (sometimes described as 'swirl') are much improved and every amp model I've demo'd so far in Q7beta2 sound better for it. As some have already posted this gives the amps a 3D-like sound.

I sat down to try out this new beta release and more than 4 hours went by in what seemed like 30 minutes! Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

Oh, the Maz 38 sounds astonishingly good now (not hat I ever found out lacking but this is on another level!).

That CCV rips. I think it was the 2C I was playing with, with the Saturation either off or down from 10 to around 3.. Dial in the gain and throw on the FET Boost..
wheeeeew!

Last edited:
Cliff, does CTRL-I (Initialize block) in the Axe-Edit work like "select-deselect" if I want to apply all the changes described in the new release? Or there are other methods?

Yes U can use the Ctl+I, this is what I do everytime I want to reset an amp to its factory settings.
Will test this morning on JVM...!
Thanks again Cliff for the great work on my best gear.

Is there any way to export this cab so we can still use it? I love the V30 for high gain patches.

I will wait for the full release but I'm so excited about the updates! Thanks Fractal!

You can try to shoot an IR of the IR with a patch cable from the output into the input the "mic" signal is supposed to go into. Then export it.
Otherwise I don't think there is another way to export the stock cabs.

This is definitely not a subtle update. Dynamics are amazing! Bass response is improved, noticeably so on the high gain amps as well as the 100 watt Plexi's. The highs seem smoother - even when there's plenty of 'sizzle' dialed in. It just sounds more natural, more like the modeled amps I'm more familiar with. The harmonic overtones (sometimes described as 'swirl') are much improved and every amp model I've demo'd so far in Q7beta2 sound better for it. As some have already posted this gives the amps a 3D-like sound.

I sat down to try out this new beta release and more than 4 hours went by in what seemed like 30 minutes! Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

Oh, the Maz 38 sounds astonishingly good now (not hat I ever found out lacking but this is on another level!).

As an AX8 guy I'm was being perfectly patient about when we get 'our' updated software, then I read this....!!!!

You can try to shoot an IR of the IR with a patch cable from the output into the input the "mic" signal is supposed to go into. Then export it.
Otherwise I don't think there is another way to export the stock cabs.
It would be very nice for FAS to provide that cab in the final release in a separate folder to import to user cab.(though cettainly not necessary, most of us probly have some 3rd party V30 IRs .

If anyone that has the time and inclination it would be great for us Ax8ers to hear the improvement. A before/after of one of the 'most benefitted' (Recto Dizzy Brit800 ccv etc) would be really nice to hear.

Or maybe that would just make the wait more excruciating.

NOTE: This firmware has significant changes to the core algorithms. While every attempt has been made to ensure compatibility with existing presets it is recommended that the amp block be reset by deselecting and reselecting the desired amp model to load the new default values and the preset then auditioned and readjusted as necessary.

is the easiest way to do this for the all the presets in one go, after backing up first (obvs), by selecting "Set Amp(s) to Default" in the UTILITY Menu?

EDIT:

Ahhhh .... that only affects the currently loaded preset.

I thought there was a way to do this, but I might be getting confused with the option to update the previous amp modelling algorithms ... as this has been removed from MK I, I can't see this option any more. (not complaining it has been removed, I never used it and am well happy that we have the space freed up for newer firmware)

Last edited:
OMG, as others have noticed, this is not a small release. I can hear a very nice added complexity to the sound of the distortion/breakup in general. The complexity is wonderful and as others have mentioned is almost 3d and swirly. Good adjectives to describe what I feel. The pick dynamics seem a little better too. We seem to get closer on smoothing out some of that harder pick attack from previous firmware. Very nicely done and I so appreciate all you do! :)
HUGE thanks Cliff and crew!

Back
Top Bottom