Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Woo HOO !!!! Downloading now - thx as always for your constant striving for perfection, Cliff !

Thanks Cliff and the Team. Can't wait to try this (too late to turn up here in the UK)! Is anyone finding like me, that the Dirty Shirley 2 isn't being picked up by Axe -Edit?
Is there a new Axe Edit version? New amps usually require a new version.

Is there a new Axe Edit version? New amps usually require a new version.

No new Axe Edit for a beta.

Can't wait to get home to try this one! Thanks Cliff & crew!! Just out of curiosity, any word on which amps have not been tested yet?

It doesn't get any better. Cliff waits until I return from my 9 day trip, releases firmware beta minutes before I arrive home turn on my computer, and log in :)

Uh, uhm, well, he could have at least waited until I'd finished unpacking..

If it IS an illusion, a company that seems to resolve around the wishes of users is one fine illusion.

Can't complain about jet lag now - lest they put me to bed before I figure out if this is a placebo.

Last edited:
The low end is definitely a bit tighter and more defined with this version on a lot of amp models, which is great.

I'm curious about the Vibrato-king model however, preset #25. On the original 7 beta, this preset, totally stock, was this fantastic punchy edge-of-breakup tone that sounded just perfect with my LP neck HB. On the Beta 7 v2 it lost a lot of its mojo, for lack of a better word. Just sounds a bit anemic in comparison, like its got less low end to it.

Was the Vibrato-King the model that had an error in it ?

I've gone back and forth between the two 7 beta versions several times and there a real difference I'm hearing after reselecting the amp model. My jaw would be on the floor if Cliff responds to say that nothing has changed LOL.

I've noticed the Vibrato-King Fat models also differ a bit, its pretty dirty sounding with the original beta, too much for my taste with the neck HB, but on the v2 beta is far cleaner. Still doesn't match the "ideal" tone of the v1 beta Vibrato-King model.

Assuming I'm not going insane, what, if any, tweaks could I make to the Vibrato-King model in Beta 7 v2 in order to get the tone of the original 7 Beta Vibrato-King ?

I'm certainly not saying the beta 2 model sounds bad, it sound good still, but its just thinner sounding for lack of better word

We all wanted an updated BETA to hear the latest, but none of us had the ballzis allzis to ask for one... :)

Thanks for the constant amazement Cliff and Co.!!!

Last edited:
I had just downloaded this update and was about to load it when my wife called from work and asked me to relieve her (own business)....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
I'm now at work and reading the reactions.
In anticipation of audtioning this update I'd like to say thank you FAS team.
Best company on Planet Earth.............period!

Any plans to update the factory presets? I really enjoy scrolling through these to get a feel for how the firmware has evolved and to see if there are any hidden gems that I could use. I'm of the opinion, that presets created by Fractal are really worth studying and listening to but going through all those presets and selecting/deselecting the amp block is a bit tedious. Are there any quicker methods that anyone has come up with?

"significant and initially alarming"....the official release notes translation of "oh man, you guys are gonna pee yourselves". LOL

Thanks for the new beta (even though I'm an ax8 guy) and thanks for the warning!

Back
Top Bottom