Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Watch out when you select or re-select the BRIT AFS100 models!

Their Master Volume default has been increased (now 7.00), which can make existing presets VERY loud, when re-selecting the AFS100 amp type.

Tell me about it! I didn't think my clip lights would shut off after I got to them as I was running down the amp list. HA! WOO!

I didn't get as much time as I had hoped last night, but the little time i did have with Q7 sounded and felt great ... thanks again Cliff & Co! FAS always delivers. I'll be back online later today with much more exploration - sounds like the DC30 needs some attention from me :)

Great update !
Dumb question - regarding - " The new “PI Bias Shift” parameter controls the amount of phase inverter bias shift"
I am not seeing a parameter/knob for "PI Bias Shift" - I see a "Bias Shift" knob however... Are they one in the same ?
It won't show up in Axe-Edit until they update it. Its in the Axe way down the list but I can't remember what page.

This rocks! Mere thanks just aren't enough.

I'll probably upgrade to an XL when things settle down a bit in my universe. I don't need an MFC anymore--maybe my II along with the MFC will get me close.

So is something amiss with the Hi Power models? bright switch is very subtle, almost thought it wasn't doing anything at first listen. They're also really clean at default settings, gotta really crank them if you want them to breakup. I didn't use them before so I have nothing to go by. If they're correct (no bugs) well then I like the clean tone i can get with them. I'll just add an OD

I saw your post a day ago and meant to get back to you - I use the High Power model for Fly by Night and to get the grit and gain, I drive the power amp section harder (set to 8 vs. factory level of 6) - I also set the pre-amp input around 6+ IIRC. With PRS 57/08 Humbuckers (bridge) I get a great Alex Lifeson tone from that era, but you must drive the Master Level harder. (No OD except for the lead - and honestly I'd have to go look at the patch to give you more details.)

Hope that helps - BTW, when using a Stat - I use the "Buttery" preset instead (Custom Ron Ellis Pups V59 in the bridge ~7.4k).

Last edited:
Hi

I have XL II Plus-->is there any way that i can store the replaced IR's before update as user cabs?

Thanks

Roland

So is something amiss with the Hi Power models? bright switch is very subtle, almost thought it wasn't doing anything at first listen. They're also really clean at default settings, gotta really crank them if you want them to breakup. I didn't use them before so I have nothing to go by. If they're correct (no bugs) well then I like the clean tone i can get with them. I'll just add an OD

Nope, that's how they sound.
To get them into overdrive, set Master at maximum, and engage the Boost (or increase Input Tim).

How do you load a default parameter via Axe-Edit?... and is there a way to tell which parameters are not set to default? I've been doing a Right-Click | Reset Block assuming this resets everything in the block, but would prefer to do it on an individual parameter basis.
The idea is that you reselect the amp model and scroll thru the pages to see what's changed but then don't save the preset. You could use screenshots or create a new amp block to compare new with old.

Don't reset the block, select a new amp model then re select the original.

I wish there was a built in function to compare but there isn't.

This is my usual MO. Went from Q6.02 to Q7.0final and normally most things just get better with little work. This update was different. Definitely a MAJOR, all caps, update. It was about half and half for my presets... About half of them just got better but the other half are wrecked. ;)

The amp list in the release notes reads like a personal favorites list. So, it is no surprise, that is why I avoided the betas. Time to roll up the sleeves and redial the ones that are affected. Some have come around quickly with only minor adjustments... That's what a major update is, though, so I ain't gonna complain; price of progress and all that.

• Jury is still out for me if I like the speaker breakup defaulting non-zero; touching it violates my first page only editing rule these days which will make it harder to track updates.
  • Like the new celestion H cab.
  • Love the continued Mki/II support. :D
  • A couple of amp models that frustrated me have gotten 'easier' to work with
  • Man, the Cornford really changed...
  • REALLY wish Axe-Edit supported a 'reset-all but first page' option for the amp model. Seriously, this would make this so much easier. Maybe we can get @AlGrenadine to do it in FracTool.
Anyway, thanks a ton FAS! Love having this update in hand finally and really enjoying what I am hearing/feeling so far. Am confident that when all the presets are redone, I am goign to be happier than ever. Thanks again for the continued MkI/II updates. It means a lot to me as a customer.

I like your 'reset-all but first page' idea but it would be even better if there was an option to reset each tab individually. I like to keep my EQ settings.

Getting a first taste of the new FW with an HSS Strat. Lovin' it. Going through the Fender Amps first. I always twiddle a few knobs, but I'm getting some fantastic tones with just the default settings. Feeling a new level of authenticity. The amps sound even more different from one another. The guitar FEELS right already on the stock settings.

Right off the bat, a new favorite is the Jr Blues and the Jr Blues Fat. Following Yek's Amp guide, I put Cab 79 (Junior Blues M160) on there. Yeah! I've only been through about 10 amps but I had to write about it. Something good is happening under the hood!

Has anyone noticed that resetting the cab block now defaults the Hi-Cut to 10k? Is it something new or is it a bug?

USA LD2 Yellow is pure heaven ...
Rectos and everything else sounds awesome too ! Exctied to rework my Marsha amps too ( didn't have enough time )
Great update

Back
Top Bottom