Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Does this update bring new factory preset banks?

Welcome aboard!

No, this is a firmware update to the Axe FX engine, the factory presets are not included however when you use them, just reselect the Amp on the preset and that will refresh the preset to the latest FW settings.

??? I appreciate, and to some degree understand your positiveness and enthusiasm .... and I certanly will put 7.00 Final on in a week or so to hear / decide it foir myself ....... however without some sort of "comparative" reference point it is impossible to "compare" whether FW7 is better / worse / or just different to FW6 etc.... I will do that for myself in a week or two but would be good to hear "the differnces" from others in the meantime.

All the user-base superlatives etc..... which seem to accompany every FW release are all good and nice and cute and a bit of fun etc.... but in isolation, they are meaningless.

We need clips comparing apples-to-apples as they say :)

Ben

Nothing wrong with clips. But they paint only a part of the whole picture. The Ultra sounded already great in capable hands...
I'm pretty sure that pretty few people are able to tell firmware versions apart, based on clips alone.
I'd even say that the very thing you want to avoid: "isolation", is represented by clips.

Welcome aboard!

No, this is a firmware update to the Axe FX engine, the factory presets are not included however when you use them, just reselect the Amp on the preset and that will refresh the preset to the latest FW settings.
Thank you very much.

Guglilemo

I haven't been changing ANY of the advanced parameters for many, MANY updates now .... So, this update for me was PAINLESS ! The differences are subtle, but noticeable .... NOTHING Night & Day as reported by a few ....

Young-Frankenstein-gif-young-frankenstein-21191372-839-559.gif

No - you can´t compare feeling and bass response. I´ve used the beta2 in several gigs and for recording - I´ve found no reason to rollback.

Yep no wasting time with comparing, dig it enjoy or not...

And I love it so far !

maybe there was a response or two but it doesn't seem as though anyone has addressed the repeated question here: Are the new cabs that were released for free from OwnHammer/FAS available as a download so that us Mark 1 users can try them out. I am happy either way of course. Just wondering if there was either a way to port them to our units via Fractool, cablab or FractalBot? If anyone knows of any way of doing this would be great to hear from you. if there are no ways of doing this i suppose we can wait and and see if our fearless leader Cliff will release them as a download. Thank you for the new FW - loving it!!

bump

Last edited:
Not sure how much of this is placebo, but Recto Red Modern 2 (what I play 90% of the time) sounds a bit more visceral since beta 2. After playing it for a while I have the urge to rip someone's face off and eat it.

I haven't been changing ANY of the advanced parameters for many, MANY updates now .... So, this update for me was PAINLESS ! The differences are subtle, but noticeable .... NOTHING Night & Day as reported by a few ....
This is my usual MO. Went from Q6.02 to Q7.0final and normally most things just get better with little work. This update was different. Definitely a MAJOR, all caps, update. It was about half and half for my presets... About half of them just got better but the other half are wrecked. ;)

The amp list in the release notes reads like a personal favorites list. So, it is no surprise, that is why I avoided the betas. Time to roll up the sleeves and redial the ones that are affected. Some have come around quickly with only minor adjustments... That's what a major update is, though, so I ain't gonna complain; price of progress and all that.

• Jury is still out for me if I like the speaker breakup defaulting non-zero; touching it violates my first page only editing rule these days which will make it harder to track updates.
  • Like the new celestion H cab.
  • Love the continued Mki/II support. :D
  • A couple of amp models that frustrated me have gotten 'easier' to work with
  • Man, the Cornford really changed...
  • REALLY wish Axe-Edit supported a 'reset-all but first page' option for the amp model. Seriously, this would make this so much easier. Maybe we can get @AlGrenadine to do it in FracTool.
Anyway, thanks a ton FAS! Love having this update in hand finally and really enjoying what I am hearing/feeling so far. Am confident that when all the presets are redone, I am goign to be happier than ever. Thanks again for the continued MkI/II updates. It means a lot to me as a customer.

Last edited:
Alternatively you can use Axe-Edit to load the default value for that parameter.
How do you load a default parameter via Axe-Edit?... and is there a way to tell which parameters are not set to default? I've been doing a Right-Click | Reset Block assuming this resets everything in the block, but would prefer to do it on an individual parameter basis.

Watch out when you select or re-select the BRIT AFS100 models!

Their Master Volume default has been increased (now 7.00), which can make existing presets VERY loud, when re-selecting the AFS100 amp type.

Great update !
Dumb question - regarding - " The new “PI Bias Shift” parameter controls the amount of phase inverter bias shift"
I am not seeing a parameter/knob for "PI Bias Shift" - I see a "Bias Shift" knob however... Are they one in the same ?

Not sure how much of this is placebo, but Recto Red Modern 2 (what I play 90% of the time) sounds a bit more visceral since beta 2. After playing it for a while I have the urge to rip someone's face off and eat it.
Yeah my Recto 1 presets seem to have really come to life with the Q 7.00 update. So did my Solo 88 and 99 presets. I don't know what wizard magic Cliff used in there but it's definitely working.

And the other guy was right, the D-30 is fire right now. I love it even more than I did before. I wonder if we'll ever get channel 2?

Back
Top Bottom