Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

The new amp models (and name changes) have been added to the list in the wiki:

I'll update my PDF Amp Guide within two weeks.

The new cab models have been added to the categorized list in the wiki:

Hi Yek;

And I think, the Amp Block Parameters-Site has to be completed with the new PI BIAS Shift parameter ;-)

Kindly regards!
Mike

Reactions: yek
Just started playing with the new firmware and noticed the Brit AFS amps are so loud I have extreme clipping. So far everything else is rocking!

Oh my word.
I just picked up my Custom 24 and loaded up my boogie preset. This might be perfection!
Somethings clicked. Something is drastically different. I've been messing with the preset all day but suddenly it gives me everything I wanted? on Alnico pickups?
I AM James Hetfield!
Voodoo....

Funny how quiet this thread is, 80,000 views before release, now it's almost dead because everyone is playing the guitars instead of posting about it lol

Something is missing from this FW. Still tweaking though...Its not like that wow feeling I had with 7b2. I'll keep on working unless I'll go back to 7b2.

Monday here in Aussieland….just a few more hours before the update. The release notes clearly shows the amount of work that Cliff and FAS have put into this. Thanks hips for all your hard work and for keeping all Axe-Fx 2 users 'updated'.

Turn down the Amp Level?
It's the only amps that are doing it and they didn't before. My level is on -15.10 in axe edit. I know I can turn it down. I also know amps differ in volume but this one just seemed extreme to me so I thought I would mention it.

5 am in France. I could not resist the urge to try this new fw
Thanks for it. a very realistic harmonics spectrum and this amazing sparkle balanced bottom end.
i only prefer to reduce just a little the speaker drive to 0-0.2 for the plexi's to refund an iyf bottom end just mho.
thanks again for all this stuff. i love it

Last edited:
BOOya! Can't wait to try it.

Is there a way to convert the new Cabs for us Mk II users? Is it a job for FracTool? I thought I heard someone say that the factory cabs cannot be converted or exported. Is that right?

You change to a different model and back.
I did that and unfortunately it destroyed my tone on all my presets. Everything is muddy and harsh at the same time. I see it turns on the bright switch, turns off the low cut, adjusts the brightness and presence, defaults the Graphic EQ to 0 and squashes the master volume to 5. The only thing it didn't touch is the gain and bass, mid, treble. I reloaded my saved presets and they now sound terrible. So saving them didn't help. At least I know where to re-tweak.

I have never bonded with the vh4 until now. All channels sound great. Channel 2 with a boost covers a lot of ground. That is as far as I have gotten. Too much fun! Thanks cliff

This has been said oft times, but to repeat, the bottom line is:

NOTES:
1. This firmware has significant changes to the core algorithms. While every attempt has been made to ensure compatibility with existing presets it is recommended that the amp block be reset by deselecting and re-selecting the desired amp model to load the new default values and the preset then auditioned and readjusted as necessary.

This is the way on new FW. Ignore the beta, or stay on it if it works for you, however, each time you upgrade, be FULLY PREPARED to rework all your presets if necessary. It's not that way with everyone, but with some folks...yes.

Way of the world folks, stay on earlier FW if it works for you, no shame there. But in the 10 years with FAS, I've never reverted after working with a FW for a bit of time. Unicorn's probably won't boil out of the box without some work...(although many get lucky and it just *works*)

R

Back
Top Bottom