Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.03 Firmware Released

This newest version of Axe Exit puts the AFX II unit on a different page than normal - it appears to be a Control page (as opposed to the normal preset main page that is displayed on the unit's display). Is this intended?

Yes. New firmware modifications require the device to be on a given screen to retrieve the correct data. Upon loading a preset, the editor will automatically navigate through screens to retrieve relevant data.

This behavior is similar to past behavior in which clicking on a block in the editor causes the Axe-Fx to also display the edit screen for that block.

Would it be possible, after navigating through the screens, to return to the Recall page? I think it would make us all a bit more comfortable.

It does always go to the Control page instead of the main screen, when opening Axe-Edit, and also when switching presets using Axe-Edit. Something is wrong there....

It does always go to the Control page instead of the main screen, when opening Axe-Edit, and also when switching presets using Axe-Edit. Something is wrong there....

There is nothing wrong. It's the current communication scheme.

Can I just confirm if this firmware fixes THE crash that quite a few people were having upon preset change ?

Oh scratch that I think it got answered. Unless there was another I wasn't aware of :)

Dear Fractal it appears that this new comms scheme is going to cause problems for users of the RAC12 and maybe other tools too. I fully appreciate these products are not your concern, however it suddenly takes away a highly functional tool that many Fractal users appreciate. If it is possible that you might revisit the comms approach, per suggested by Michael Pickens' email above, this wld be very much appreciated to reenable compatibility with RAC12. Thanks for giving this your consideration.

Cheers
Gilesy

But it breaks rac12 and other softwares compatibility.
There's surely a better way to fix the pitch learn problem, i know you can do it ;)

Its not really up to FAS to support the RAC12 ........but I do understand your frustration.
I might actually stick with the 6.02 beta and wait to see what happens in the future as I'm having no issues right now with crashing.

Back
Top Bottom