Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.02 Public Beta

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
This one addresses that last little bit of "in the room" and "feel" by better modeling the distortion and compression of the speaker. The Drive blocks have also been further improved.

Currently the Speaker Drive defaults to 0.0 when you select a new amp model. This will probably change on the release version as we obtain more measurement data. I'm finding that somewhere between 1.00 and 2.00 is sweet spot.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/6.0/axefx2_Quantum_6p02beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/6.0/axefx2_xl_Quantum_6p02beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/6.0/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_6p02beta.syx

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Improved speaker overdrive modeling in Amp block. New algorithm captures the “throaty” sound of an overdriven speaker along with the gentle compression. The “Spkr Drv” (Speaker Drive) parameter has been moved to the Spkr tab on the Amp menu. NOTE: If you are using Speaker Drive in existing presets you should audition these presets and adjust the parameter as necessary as the sound and behavior of the algorithm is considerably different than before. NOTE: This change affects all modeling versions as the algorithm is outside the archived modeling functions. I.e. if you change the Modeling Version parameter you will NOT get the old speaker overdrive algorithm.

Improved Drive model frequency response accuracy for models based on op-amp architectures. Models now behave with near-perfect accuracy even when Drive control is set to extreme values.

Updated “BB PRE” Drive model.

Fixed “PI FUZZ” output level too low. The Drive and Level tapers have also been changed so any presets using this model should be auditioned and adjusted accordingly.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in “Esoteric ACB” Drive model. Any presets using this model should be auditioned and the model deselected and reselected to reset the internal parameters.

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Improved speaker overdrive modeling in Amp block. New algorithm captures the “throaty” sound of an overdriven speaker along with the gentle compression. .

WOW !!, what a nice word “throaty” you used for describing sound of an overdriven tone, this actually reminded me a Boeing 747 in full throttle position and it's near to take off, cant wait to put my hands on the strings with this new Quantum,

Thank you very much indeed :).

Thanks Fractal, will there be any noticeable change if the speaker drive is on 0? I guess 0 means there is no speaker drive modeling enabled?

I have one request - as a poweramp/cab and direct out 1 user, wouldn't it make sense to keep the speaker drive parameter in the cab block?

Back
Top Bottom