• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.02 Public Beta

fromthebark

Inspired
SICK... I've been waiting for the pi fuzz to sound a little more authentic.. and the BB pre is my fav drive pedal. I can die now

fromthebark

Inspired
The update for axe edit went to choose which drive, and wouldn't let me choose my main hard drive, and now it wont let me pick the applications folder to install too.. it just froze.

OK instead of clicking OK when axe edit opens, i downloaded it from the fractal site and it worked fine

ben ifin

Inspired
Hey all

6.02 => put it on and was running through my gigging patches and the actual levels across my presets were all over the place ?!?!? [ they have all previoulsy been really well set with a DB meter and full stage level ]

Anyone else "hear" this ?

I dont think (?) the actual settings [ volumes ] have changed but it seems that the changes have significanlty affected perceived amp levels (?)

Its a weird one because this is not something I have really noticed before from Q1.x to Q5.x.

I went back to my Q5.03 backup ..... and all is fine (!)

Is this a known issue / others also having it ?

Ben

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hey all

6.02 => put it on and was running through my gigging patches and the actual levels across my presets were all over the place ?!?!? [ they have all previoulsy been really well set with a DB meter and full stage level ]

I dont think (?) the actual settings [ volumes ] have changed but it seems that the changes have significanlty affected perceived amp levels (?)

Its a weird one because this is not something I have really noticed before from Q1.x to Q5.x.

I went back to my Q5.03 backup ..... and all is fine (!)

Ben
Not my experience nor any of the beta testers.

fromthebark

Inspired
Not yet at least.

But damn do those BB and PI sound good

still getting used to the movement of some knobs in axe edit, the preamp compressor used to be on the in the preamp section, now it's in dynamics (which makes more sense) it took me a minute to get used to the new layout, but I think it works a lot better.. I love this damn machine. I even love the editing software. Good design changes, whoever on the team did that.

kisslorand

Veteran
Hey all

Ben
I had to raise output level +0.5dB to have the same perceived level as on Q6.01. This was on Recto Modern, Speaker Drive at 1 on both FW versions.

GM Arts

Forum Addict
Ben
Each major version change implies changes to amp modelling that MAY affect your patches. With version 6 I found I needed to make small adjustments with drive, level and tone balance, and more so than previous version changes.

But I wouldn't call it an issue. I'd call it expected, and very much worth the effort.

fwiw, I don't use the level meters, I find it much better to do it by ear using perceived volume levels.

ben ifin

Inspired
Thanks Fractal for confirming this - I'll go back and check my settings .... no doubt something I did but forgot about :) :(

Appreciated.

Ben
Yep. Definetly my bad. Checked my Amp Settings and several of them were definelty "out" - must have made some ABCD changes thinking I was on parameter x when in fact I was on parameter y.

Thanks again,
Ben

oldstar1975

Inspired
I have a bug on this beta firmware. Sometimes, once a day usually, the unit freezing then I changing presets. Only restart helps.

Top Bottom