Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.02 Firmware Released

just updated. i thought cliff was going to give us default settings for speaker drive? all mine are set at zero. i set it to 1 on most of my presets...

And on the 21st day of Christmas my true love came to be a full version of axe fx Quantum 6.2
Thank you Cliff for the wonderful gift that keeps on giving..

You have a wonderful Christmas this just made mine...

Last edited:
just updated. i thought cliff was going to give us default settings for speaker drive? all mine are set at zero. i set it to 1 on most of my presets...

Not sure what that could be, how much additional compression do you prefer ?

Go from max backwards until damage sound is gone, ( imho the lower frequencies are more affected proportional to the higher ...)

I have a feeling that it was left at 0 for everyone by default because I think > 0 would be counterproductive when using an actual cab. For headphones and FRFR I think it's an absolute must but I'm sure there's a large percentage of the customer base who's using a real cab setup, if not the majority. Luckily I only have a few presets to changing it to 1-1.25 on them isn't a huge deal for me. Maybe this could be tweakable in FracTool for multiple presets?

Shouldn't the speaker drive be a function of the block's output volume, or something, anyway? I can't imagine that a tube amp has a constant amount of speaker drive at all volumes.

Shouldn't the speaker drive be a function of the block's output volume, or something, anyway? I can't imagine that a tube amp has a constant amount of speaker drive at all volumes.

Maybe, but limit oneself to what can be done in the real world?

Maybe I want the tone of a speaker driven hard, but without having the blocks output cranked up.

Options is a great thing to have

I have a feeling that it was left at 0 for everyone by default because I think > 0 would be counterproductive when using an actual cab. For headphones and FRFR I think it's an absolute must but I'm sure there's a large percentage of the customer base who's using a real cab setup, if not the majority. Luckily I only have a few presets to changing it to 1-1.25 on them isn't a huge deal for me. Maybe this could be tweakable in FracTool for multiple presets?

I haven't tried the full release yet but on the beta, I didn't like the speaker drive above zero. For me, it just made the sound smaller, clouded & congested sounding. At zero, it was much more open. I'm using CLRs to monitor. As always, what ever works best for your ear is what you should do. I'm glad I don't have to reset all my presets back to zero. Over all, a great update! Thanks team Fractal!

Maybe, but limit oneself to what can be done in the real world?

Maybe I want the tone of a speaker driven hard, but without having the blocks output cranked up.

Options is a great thing to have
Sure. I wasn't saying it should be the only option. But a preset single value for speaker drive per amp probably doesn't simulate anything particularly well.

If you like the dynamics of having speaker drive increase as you increase your rig volume, you could tie it to/control it with the volume pedal if you're using one.

I would agree. Seems it would be a dynamic effect. The harder it's hit the more drive.

Please note: If you installed Quantum 6.02 public beta and have upgraded to Quantum 6.02 release, you must manually run "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu of Axe-Edit to get the latest definitions which include the Timothy pedal.
I really appreciate you putting this up there - I would have forgotten to do so! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom