Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.02 Firmware Released

Man!
That, Timothy addition rocks. What a Christmas gift without dropping the cash and not having the wait list/time for it. Thanks, FAS.

After reading the release notes, I had that excited feeling of anticipation, that only FAS can give.
Thank you, and to you and yours, wishing the best in this holiday season.

Thanks as always. Weird thing happening to me.... I can see the Timmy on the front panel of the Axe FX II MKII but in Axe Edit I see the BB pre if that makes sense.

Please note: If you installed Quantum 6.02 public beta and have upgraded to Quantum 6.02 release, you must manually run "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu of Axe-Edit to get the latest definitions which include the Timothy pedal.

Please note: If you installed Quantum 6.02 public beta and have upgraded to Quantum 6.02 release, you must manually run "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu of Axe-Edit to get the latest definitions which include the Timothy pedal.
that worked, but only after I restarted Axe-Edit after doing the manual refresh ....Thanks Michael!

Quick question: Is the new speaker drive function connected in any way to the master volume of the amp? I'm wondering if the maximum amount of speaker drive is set at the parameter, and then there is maybe a logarithmic function applied as the master volume it turned up? i.e. driving the speaker harder and harder as you crank the volume.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, I've skipped the last couple of upgrades, not wanting to redial presets and all of that... but I am intrigued by this one. My next gig isn't until New Year's eve, so going to install this today. I think I'm going to do some recording with my current FW (Q3.something) and then upgrade and re-amp to see the differences. Thanks Cliff and Co.

Ha ! Didn't try the beta, this update is absolutely fantastic : can't stop playing with the new Timothy drive. It's Christmas here :D

I knew it ... Just installed Q6.02b yesterday.

Will have some time tonight and give it a spin.

Don't know if I really hear the latest improvements. But I sure like them very much. Sounds odd. But it keeps getting betterer.
FAS, you are a hell of a company and totally rocking my guitar side of life.
Hope you will have some time off to enjoy a bunch of peaceful Christmas days.
All the best to you. Stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom