Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.01 Firmware Released

Thanks a lot again, to make my favorite blackbox so living !
have to check/play on these ECC83 across amps to feel the differences..

We need some virtual NOS tube selections. Loved what the RFT ECC83's did to Marshall type amps. I've got a pretty extensive collection gathering dust.

I installed the latest update, but my presets with Marshall did not change the value of the preamp on ECC83. It was only after select/deselect amp block.
My question is there a magic button in AFX or AXE-Edit that takes the value of all the parameters to LATEST without the need for select/deselect?

My setting in AXE-FX XL:
Default Modeling Version = LATEST
Force Default Version = ON
You can use Fractool to batch convert all your presets.

Not to do what he is asking.

Fractool cannot (that I know of??) change the preamp tube in all presets to their newly designated defaults.
Sorry, I thought he was asking how to put the preamp firmware parameter to LATEST.
I read to quickly...

have a gig tomorrow [we're on the same bill as Barclay James Harvest - which is pretty cool] so I'll pop this one in next week..

thoughts on Q6 in general [now that I've played with it at gig levels in rehearsals]…
the top end is somehow sweeter.. you can have more of it without the 'ice-pick'.. which is great for definition..
the low end bloom seems to be more controlled.. nice and fat and thumping without booming
most importantly, with the hi-gain tones in previous versions the feedback threshold was lower than I'd like..
which meant that at the last couple of gigs I had to turn down the gain, turn down the volume and strengthen the gate.. booooo..
but Q6 seems to have solved this [no idea how or why].. I've not altered my presets from those I had to 'fixup' to cope with the feedback probs, but I immediately noticed that I can get the volume up without issue...
it feels like I've been let out of the cage.. lol..
the next job [after the gig] will be to book a studio and redial my live presets to find out just how much I can put back in terms of gain and gating whilst being at a nice solid live volume

tone wise..
my hi-gains and 'riffers' are all in the same place but seem more controlled at the extreme ends of the eq.. which is very cool
my clean tone [Tucana] is set to breakup a touch when you really lay into it, is absolutely wonderful.. the dynamics feel great.. you have so much control over the tone via technique alone.. play soft and it's warm and thick.. start playing with more strength and the hi's seem to get a little more fired up.. lay into it and it starts to bark..

Q6: big thumbs up from here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom