Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.01 Firmware Released

The problem I have is not knowing which amps are going to default to the new preamp tube. So, if I wanted to check and see if one of my presets got the change, then I have to re-select that amp to find out. As @shredi knight pointed out, other amp settings might get sent back to default by re-selecting the amp. I mean, I wouldn't mind putting in the "sweat equity" if I had a list of all the amps that are supposed to default to the new preamp tube. Right now, it's just a guessing game. Hell, I wouldn't haven even thought to check the Vox amps if it weren't for @StratnVox posting his comment.

My AMP Models PDF Guide specifies the preamp tube in the original amp as well as in the amp model.
I'll update the guide, probably this weekend, to reflect these changes.

I installed the latest update, but my presets with Marshall did not change the value of the preamp on ECC83. It was only after select/deselect amp block.
My question is there a magic button in AFX or AXE-Edit that takes the value of all the parameters to LATEST without the need for select/deselect?

My setting in AXE-FX XL:
Default Modeling Version = LATEST
Force Default Version = ON

you XL guys can also just go to the preamp page and roll back the modeling version and then change it back to latest to make the tube type change take effect.

Thanks a lot Cliff :D
and thanks again for this new default setting on preamp tubes with the amazing ECC83.
no comparaison with the previous12AX7SYL by my side. (a little too flubby for me)
All the plexi's amps are now sounded like hell (more in your face sound and harmonics)!
thankssssssss a lot for this :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom