Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.01 Firmware Released

Google Translate is getting a bunch of traffic, I see. :rolleyes:

tumblr_n1w0tiPUor1qb6v6ro1_500.jpg

That's kind of a PITA. I have to re-select the amp type of all my existing presets, just to see if the preamp tube changes. When I first loaded up 6.01, I went to my Splawn preset and noticed that the preamp tube was still 12AX7. Then I re-selected the amp and it changed. I understand that this is supposed to be for "Marshall" type amps, but how am I supposed to know all the specific amp models that are supposed to default to the new tube? I came on here to voice my only gripe and it seems someone else beat me to it.
Just load another amp block or load the amp block im an empty patch and see what's the default tube for the model you want to know

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes
Updated all models to use an appropriate Preamp Tube Type when selected. I.e. British models will now use the ECC83 when selected.
Fixed wrong Preamp Bias default value for Wrecker Express model.
Fixed wrong Power Amp Bias default value for several models.
Where did you find this info? My XL download, for the first time, came without release notes!?...

Just load another amp block or load the amp block im an empty patch and see what's the default tube for the model you want to know
That's an excellent idea! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

*Edit*
I know text can sometimes be misleading, so I just wanted to say that I was being sincere and not sarcastic.

Where did you find this info? My XL download, for the first time, came without release notes!?...
In the zip file there's a file named Quantum_Release_Notes.pdf that has the running release notes since Q1.00. Latest release is always at the top of the file.

What I meant is that to discover what the (new) default preamp tube type for a specific amp type is, you have to reselect the amp type first....

Whoops. you're right. :oops: I had only about 2 hours of sleep when I posted that. I was thinking of having to re-select a preamp tube type to see what the new preamp hardness value is (with firmware 6.00), and somehow got that confused with what you were talking about (again, 2 hours of sleep). :rolleyes: (EDIT - I re-read your original post, and I think because you said that you have to re-select the amp type to recall the new "default value", instead of saying "tube type", that I was thinking of the preamp hardness.)

Sorry. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
The problem I have is not knowing which amps are going to default to the new preamp tube. So, if I wanted to check and see if one of my presets got the change, then I have to re-select that amp to find out. As @shredi knight pointed out, other amp settings might get sent back to default by re-selecting the amp. I mean, I wouldn't mind putting in the "sweat equity" if I had a list of all the amps that are supposed to default to the new preamp tube. Right now, it's just a guessing game. Hell, I wouldn't haven even thought to check the Vox amps if it weren't for @StratnVox posting his comment.
I just switched all of mine. The amps that I noticed changes in were Citrus, SLO, all of the Marshalls, Tucana, Friedmans, and 5153s. I didn't notice any changes in any of the Fenders, if that saves you some time.

I've went back and forth between q6 and q6.01 several times with my main clean and crunch presets. There's something I like better with q6 --- q6.01 seems a little more stiff??? or maybe it's my imagination

And now for one that wasn't here, but nobody would probably know what it meant until now :)

Děkuji. Díky. Díkec. FAS je nejlepší!

:)

I'll add that you can even load it in the Y state if you don't use it

That's the easiest way to compare any two blocks; I do that a lot, especially the AMP block. Copy X to Y, adjust Y (or default it, etc) , and go back and forth between them to compare them tone wise or visually inspect parameter changes.

I'm going to leave my presets on the 12AX7 SYL tube; just love it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom