Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.01 Firmware Released

I also do a blind test but I prefer to record each option and playback in random order to determine what sounds best to my ears instead of my eyes hehe!

Thank you.

Please stop worrying about which tube is there before you even play. Listen to your ears folks, not what you read on a board that sais the 'authentic' tone is *that preamp tube built in England in between the years of 66 and 67 March in the 2nd shift when the assemblers were one pint in, and their magnetic field gave a vague germanium tilt to the transconductance*.

There is diminishing returns in options...LISTEN, don't ask for a formula that will make it all perfect.

not on Q6.01 yet, but gigged Q6.00 last night..
it's the best live tone I've ever had…
I spotted it, so did Chris [my tech]
the quality of my tone was commented on [in a very flattering way] by several of the sound guys and crew in the venue..

and.. my volume was right up there where is needed to be…
absolutely zero uncontrolled feedback issues
the tone was dynamic, uncongested, open, powerful and well defined..
sounded great… felt great

Last edited:
I gigged with Q6.0 a little over a week ago using a Mesa Mark IIC+ w/ and Ownhammer Mesa 2x12 RC Cab pack. It was the absolute best live sound I have ever had. Perfect dynamics, tone, and feel and extremely realistic. I'm finally been dial in the Mesa amps in a way that I remember when I've owned Mark series amps from the 80's. Very happy!!!!

I just upgraded from Q3.02 to 6.0. Does the newer one use more CPU? im having a scene where my CPU is at 92-93% and my wah is slow and sluggish on a scene.

My model is an XL Plus and I have not noticed the extra cpu usage. But I tend to remove everything that I'm not going to use, from the preset. I also, do not use scenes, but use separate presets. I have created 10 presets for live, 1 clean, 1 crunch, 1 Hendrix, 5 that are the same exact setup, except for pitch harmony, delay and reverb, 1 acoustic, 1 12 string. I change to the preset on the controller and set my controller to stomp box mode. My cpu usage averages between 55 and 60%. I'm not sure if multiple scenes adds to this bog, but it should, as the info is stored in the same preset.

Last edited:
Yek, thank you! You. Are. Awesome. I'm such a geek that I enjoy reading it independent of its value as a reference. Thanks to Simviz too for the formatting!

not on Q6.01 yet, but gigged Q6.00 last night..it's the best live tone I've ever had…

I gigged with Q6.0 a little over a week ago using a Mesa Mark IIC+ w/ and Ownhammer Mesa 2x12 RC Cab pack. It was the absolute best live sound I have ever had.

I'm agree with you people, the sound at good volume is epic, period
At some times on Saturday afternoon I thought "this glorious tone comes from me? really?"
Well done Cliff!
I was going to say I owe you a beer, but I think I owe you some more:
tbr-acme-vintrk.jpg

Last edited:
After updating to 6.01 PVH 6160 BLOCK started to sound dark and muddy. I tried to reinstall the firmware and reset amp block but this didn't change anything. On Q 6.00 and 5.00 this amp is bright and sharp.

Did anyone else noticed that too?

Back
Top Bottom