Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Public Beta

Cliff how about running a sale on the XL+ just for mk 1 and 2 owners? kind of a sorry for your loss, here's a 10% off coupon

Cliff how about running a sale on the XL+ just for mk 1 and 2 owners? kind of a sorry for your loss, here's a 10% off coupon

This new firmware sounds so good he may need to raise the price 10%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p just kidding! but the firmware is great :)

Well it appears that your cries and assaults on XL+ users helped you and I am glad! However, do not presume that the lack of screams by XL+ users indicates that there are only a few of us who would be upset with loss of our functions to please you. That mistake was recently made in the election and we all know that outcome. I am all for people getting things they deserve. I have purchased every product that this company has invented. I stand by them with my purse strings. I suggest if you want this beautiful company to endure that you upgrade your equipment and refrain from brow beating the creator into submission...but hey I am just an old cranky man...

Put your money where your mouth is. You talk the talk about it being "the greatest company ever" but you moan and groan and refuse to purchase new equipment. Businesses thrive by sales not pandering to "but that's not fair" customers.

Thank you - certainly weird behavior. I'm on WIN10 that updates itself constantly - wonder if a conflict arose?
Because my music computer doesn't tolerate such erratic update behaviors as the ones promulgated by MS, when I got mine I promptly went into services.msc by right clicking on the windows icon on my task bar, and finding WINDOWS UPDATE in the list, and right clicking on it, and selecting properties. And once in the properties screen, setting its STARTUP TYPE to 'DISABLED'.

Unless you trust Microsoft as much as Cliff. Then you could set Windows 10 to TURN OFF PRIOR FIRMWARE VERSIONS and ALWAYS UPDATE. But... I don't think they're the same type of companies.

Just sayin'.

(If you REALLY think Windows 10 isn't on par with Fractal, you might also want to check out spybot antibeacon (https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/). Every time you update Windows 10 it has been shown to alter the Spyware settings within its bad self.

Sorry for being way off topic.

Last edited:
Hi there, I tried the new Q6 for Axe fx ii mk2. the fender clean tone are outstanding really close to tube amps, but on gain tones, I feel the sound more honky and boxy wtih an added bass frequency land less frequency spread. Is it just me? should I adjust something I am not getting?

Should it be related to the new sylvania 12AX7A tube?, on cleans it sounds impressive, but on gain sounds its more honky, which preamp tube was default on 5.03? 7025 maybe?

Well it appears that your cries and assaults on XL+ users helped you and I am glad! However, do not presume that the lack of screams by XL+ users indicates that there are only a few of us who would be upset with loss of our functions to please you. That mistake was recently made in the election and we all know that outcome. I am all for people getting things they deserve. I have purchased every product that this company has invented. I stand by them with my purse strings. I suggest if you want this beautiful company to endure that you upgrade your equipment and refrain from brow beating the creator into submission...but hey I am just an old cranky man...

??? Is this aimed at anyone?

Most Mki/MkII users just stated their opinion to Cliff. He has (amazingly) come up with a solution that doesn't impact XL users so not exactly sure what your issue is. I certainly didn't see any "assaults", just a robust debate.

I have purchased every product that this company has invented. I stand by them with my purse strings........... Put your money where your mouth is. You talk the talk about it being "the greatest company ever" but you moan and groan and refuse to purchase new equipment.Businesses thrive by sales not pandering to "but that's not fair" customers..

A bit rude... Good for you on buying every product.... If we'd taken your advice and upgraded all the time, we each would have bought 6 Axe Fxs by now. Standard, Ultra, MkI, MkII, XL, XL+. I guess you've had all of those, plus all the revisions of the MFC and the FX8 and AX8?

Totally unnecessary to buy them all.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot cliff for your response!, I think having Q6 for clean tube sounds on fender plus Q5.03 for lead gain tones would make the perfect update!, don't get me wrong here, I respect much your work, however I feel the new Q6 in the gain sounds have less gain, it sounds more bassy with less definition and balls, more boxy, it needs to be more open. Anyways, if there is no way out, I will always consider moving to XL+. having Q6 for cleans and Q5.03 for leads. Just my 2 cents If in any ways my opinion could help in improving or revising some things for the better, cheers!

Thanks a lot cliff for your response!, I think having Q6 for clean tube sounds on fender plus Q5.03 for lead gain tones would make the perfect update!, don't get me wrong here, I respect much your work, however I feel the new Q6 in the gain sounds have less gain, it sounds more bassy with less definition and balls, more boxy, it needs to be more open. Anyways, if there is no way out, I will always consider moving to XL+. having Q6 for cleans and Q5.03 for leads. Just my 2 cents If in any ways my opinion could help in improving or revising some things for the better, cheers!

Thanks for you input. Ironically I feel quite the opposite. I find the gain sounds more open and dynamic but we all have opinions, don't we?

Back
Top Bottom