Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Public Beta

In maybe 1 or 2 years you stay on Q 9 or 11 with your XL
It's been this way with technology for many years. I started with an XT 8086 computer and have moved too many computers to count to Quad core and higher systems. I don't even want to talk about how many cellphone upgrades I have done. So the bottom line is, obsolescence is naturally built into electronics. And there will always be a place for the older models. It boils down to desire, preference and money. And I for one am a big fan of progress.:)

Well, I have not read the whole thread yet... but assuming this is the end of FW updates for the Mark I/II, I'm still very happy with what I have and have gotten out of my Axe Fx.

BUT, of course, it would be the FW that includes massive improvements to the Wah block, which is the one thing I have any real complaint on :(

Personally, I think this future of Fractal tech may be the AX8 and future variants. With no more TigerSHARC DSPs, the XL and XL+ users may be facing something similar in a few years. Just speculation, mind you.

Of course it will. It will also unleash the wrath of vocal opponents.
True, but it seems to me, since I've been following Fractal Audio for some time now, that every time Fractal comes out with a new AXE FX model, they get the wrath from some owners of previous models.

True, but it seems to me, since I've been following Fractal Audio for some time now, that every time Fractal comes out with a new AXE FX model, they get the wrath from some owners of previous models.
Of course, Cliff's frequent no cost update git people used to it. Strike that, actually expect that.
Just look at this thread it's like a "I want" feeding frenzy. It's 5 year old tech, I'm stoked that the last firmware made it in.
If live to have a final fw for bug fixes if need be. But in the end until till the box criaks I'm gonna use it. Not a big deal that I don't get any new amp models.

Given a choice I'm good with ditching legacy versions don't use that anyways. When I update which before quantum was about every 3 major revisions I just redo my patches.

Please ditch the old FW support! Those wanting them can stay on Q5 and those who want to move forward can...

The current way is "bad" for both parties...man now I sound like a politican hahaha

Anyways thanks Cliff \m/

Maybe I´m wrong, but I think the decision is an easy one. Drop past modeling from the I/II firmware.

If you don´t do it then everybody stays at 5.03, and won´t be able to choose what we want, either if it is staying on 5.03 or going on updating only with the current modeling.

If you do it we can choose what we want to do.

It is obvious that every I/II users from now on have lost some feautures compared to XL users. I don´t see that as a problem, is the normal course of things. But if loosing the older firmware option allow us to keep updating, I don´t see a reason for to not doing it.

Thanks Cliff for the great sound in 5.03.....I think it´s more than good enough to rock a lot of stages the next years.

I will return here when Axe Fx III comes up.

It's unfortunate that FAS is facing additional regulatory control from the user base in addition to all the outside pressures from government local, state, federal (oops, not suppose to bring up politics). This is why so few new business are opening and staying open. Hang in there Cliff.

Last edited:
Let's leave the discussion about the Mark I/II to another thread and keep this thread on-topic.

Thought I'd up Cliff's previous post in the thread just in case anyone missed it. I mean, you can just keep ignoring it if you want, it's only the creator of the product, owner of the company and owner of this forum requesting we stick to the topic, it's not like he deserves any respect or anything like that...

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read through this thread & the last monstrosity of a thread the last time this came up.
It's really shows your ability to understand why Cliff is doing what he's doing regarding FW updates & the limitations of the Mark I & also respecting the TOPIC of this thread.
This is NOT the place for this conversation and to continue to have it after asked by the owner, not to mention the people who actually would like to read about the new firmware, is disrespectful.

I read where some users don't upgrade their firmware and then end up jumping a few versions, if they finally decide to update.
I use my AXE FX II for live playing. With that said, I don't ever skip a firmware update. I update as soon as they are released. I know it will always be better. Maybe sometimes there is mention of a little bug, but it is fixed so fast, I can honestly say I never experienced one. And it does not bother me, at all, that I may have to tweak my presets because something changed, that I don't like. And if I don't like the new firmware, (it's never gonna happen), I make backups, so I can always restore back to the previous version and presets.
IMHO there are always improvements with new firmware updates.

Hmm. I updated my AFX to 6.0 and all amp block in all presets become "Latest" without settings the Modeling Vesiion. I had made nothing
I'm pretty sure that happens when you are globally set to latest firmware version. But I also think that sometimes you have to load the preset and re-save to get some changes. Like was mentioned with the Wah block, remove and re-add the Wah block to the preset so the new changes are implemented.

Back
Top Bottom