Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Public Beta

Bobmichigan said it well. So a tiny % of people can't load the firmware they love the most with their precious presets, and are to hold up a massive amount of customers who own Mk 1 and 2? I Bet you 99.99% of Mk1 and Mk2 users would vote to eliminate the old firmware's to keep getting updates, and I bet over 50% of XL would not care either. So why not just do it and let's move on? You want an old firmware load it up, takes what 2 minutes? smh.

I'd rather use the latest firmware, completely. If I liked the sound of a past firmware, Id just reload it and its related presets. For myself, I don't need all the backwards compatibility.

Hope you xl guys are enjoying that one Q2 preset you need.
It's really not about that 1 Q2 preset, it's about features being taken away from those who have units that have no need to have them taken away.

Not going to get into the whole pissing match again. I will just state this one time that I think it makes no sense to start removing features when the newest version of the hardware has no reason to have it removed. Some of us use older versions of modeling as another tonal option when recording, not because we have old presets we need to preserve. But I am sure there are a bunch of guys who make a living with their axe that do need older firmware modeling in order preserve a mass quanitity of presets which helps them make their living, but also still want the ability to create new presets with the newest firmware. And since their XL units are VERY capible of handling this option they should not have it taken away from them in order to keep squeezing in firmware on older hardware.

Bobmichigan said it well. So a tiny % of people can't load the firmware they love the most with their precious presets, and are to hold up a massive amount of customers who own Mk 1 and 2? I Bet you 99.99% of Mk1 and Mk2 users would vote to eliminate the old firmware's to keep getting updates, and I bet over 50% of XL would not care either. So why not just do it and let's move on? You want an old firmware load it up, takes what 2 minutes? smh.

I have a Mk I and bought a XL+ a month ago and I used FracTool to batch change all my preset's amps on both devices to latest version. I don't mind losing previous versions. Just make sure to include that feature in the Axe-Fx III XXL++^2

I use my Mk I for live and in my practice space and I use my XL+ in my recording room. If I make a change on either device, I save the preset to my Dropbox and loaded it on the other device.

One of the main reasons I bought the XL+ is because FracTool makes both devices presets compatible. If my Mk I no longer gets updates, I just wasted a ton of money buying the XL+ because they will no longer be compatible :(

Cliffs words from the OP:

At this time there is no Mark I/II version as I could not get the firmware to fit in memory. I will continue to work on methods over the coming weeks to remedy this but there are no guarantees that it will be possible.

so he's working on it, if it's do-able.

Now can we please not go through all the speculation and continue to derail this thread like the other one?

Hi Cliff, JC here, Im a MK II user, thanks for creating a great product!, sorry to say goodbye to Fractal Audio, Im much satisfied so far, in my heart there is only Gratitude. thanks buddy!

I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade to the XL+ but I figured when I do the AxeFx 3 will be announced. How are the wahs? At least I'll have the Ax8 update to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom