Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Public Beta

Of course it will. It will also unleash the wrath of vocal opponents.

I think the old versions should be removed, so the Mk I/II can still get updates.

If people don't want their sounds to change then they have the choice to not update or go buy a XL+ and sell their Mk I/II to a new FAS user because a new user will want the latest update and won't care about previous versions.

I think the old versions should be removed, so the Mk I/II can still get updates.

If people don't want their sounds to change then they have the choice to not update or go buy a XL+ and sell their Mk I/II to a new FAS user because a new user will want the latest update and won't care about previous versions.

Exactly. I never use the old versions NEVER. I did the first time Cliff put them in just to check it out and I never thought about it again it's a feature that I bet most users of XL and MK don't use. I bet over 90% of users don't even use. So why would you keep in a feature that most users by far don't use? I'd rather have the latest update than old firmware that is inferior imho. I sure hope Cliff figures something out.

Yep, if they want the older versions they should have stopped updating by now. They're just bitching to bitch. These are people that will never be happy no matter what you do.

I was excited to see Q6 subject line and then open it to feel a little saddened. lol But I'm incredibly happy with 5.03. :) If this is the end of the line then....

I'm looking forward to the wah improvements.

The recent change to the drives was along the lines of the reverb redo... stunning and very musical results.

A free update of the magnitude of the reverbs and drives is pretty remarkable in itself. It really is like getting a new suite of plugins for free. Not updates but new algos.

Yep, if they want the older versions they should have stopped updating by now. They're just bitching to bitch. These are people that will never be happy no matter what you do.

I mostly agree - multiple models would be more convenient for those who depend on less accurate models to get the sound they want on some presets...
but we all have access to every HW version if we just load them in as required.

But more than that, i'm really wondering, who wants to need to rely on less accurate tube amp modelling for their sound? I think the AFX now has enough dials and drives to get any sound under the sun with just the singe most accurate FW modelling available.

It was already explained in past threads. Removing the old versions is for everyone. No just mk1/2.

How bout an "allversions?" tic mark in fractalbot that can be passed into the fw to retain 1 set of code:

IF "allversions" = "X"
THEN RUN LoadALL
ELSE
RUN LoadLASTOnly
ENDIF

Somehow I have the feeling it's not so simple.

Thanks Fractal for the great run on mk 1.

I've been playing the new beta for 30 minutes or so and............. my main presets are now q6'd :).

Notes bounce and snap, more dynamic and sensitive to picking style and playing dynamics. Low end is more defined and clear which makes it more powerful with the added dynamics. These things seem more prominent with clean amps and low/mid gain amps, but everything sounds better at least to me :). I bumped the presence just a touch in my normal presets and they sound great. It also seems to help my presets with lots of reverb and delay (helps the guitar cut thru better). IMHO

The new wahs sound great too. I usually have a hard time getting a wah sound with a gained up amp for leads, but I got a smooth throaty clyde I love with just a couple minutes tweaking.

Awesome update! Thanks again Cliff!

I've had my Mark 1 for a little over a year. Hands down it's the best unit I've owned. I'm in the camp of "I don't care about the old versions since everything gets better with each update". Sure I got mine on Quantum 1. It was great when I got the hang of it. Everything is that much better now and I have a lifetime of tones to catch up on still. Eventually I'll upgrade. I'm content for now. I use real wahs to record, not a game changer for me.

Back
Top Bottom