Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

The 12AX7B is close to the 12AX7A SYL but not exactly the same. Regardless, I have added the 12AX7B for the next release (along with an RCA 12AX7A).

Thank you so much. Just for that, I'm gonna buy some of those cool mini expression pedals when they become available.

This company rocks!

Let's get back to topic... i just tested the latest firmware and indeed i would say the low end is more open and natural sounding now especially when highly saturated... FAS is coming closer and closer to the real thing... now regarding the Sylvania tubes i wouldn't say they are better... they are just different more raw sounding than the regulars... the regulars are sweeter.

I have only got a little bit of time to play with Q6, but so far, I am really liking it! I am not sure if my tweaking skills improved (I changed how I approached sounds recently), or if something major changed. I am mostly a high gain guy, but one of my main "issues" with the Axe-FX II is the overall "smoothness" of the sound. Kind of like when you play a Mesa Mark IV compared to a Recto. There is just a smoothness built into the sound you can't dial out.

I found Q6 to sound more raw and aggressive... abrasive? as compared to that smooth, studio polished tone. I am really loving that into a poweramp/cab. It sounds and responds more like the actual Recto I still own. I don't know what changed, but I definitely could not stop playing yesterday.

The expression connector is on the front. The volume in and out are on the sides.

Glad to see this. I initially skimped on expression pedals for my rig, and I've been wanting to rectify that, and the ones you made were going to be too large for my board to fit 2. These look like they will work for me. I'd MUCH RATHER give my bidness to Fractal, than to anyone else that makes high quality expressions. I don't need them to work with audio, per se, but it doesn't hurt to have a pedal that can also do that "just in case" I have that unexpected need in an emergency.

Besides "SOON", when will these hit the Fractal store?

So I've only just got around to trying Q6 due to the arrival of my first baby but bloody hell it sounds and feels amazing!! Picked up the new ML cab pack too and that's also a blinder!!

As it was sounding so great on my goto amps I went back and we visited some other amps that I've not been so much of a fan of, like the vh4 and and the HBE and I couldn't be happier. I read the release notes and never really understand what's technically going on but damn does this one play great!

Thanks Cliff and the gang, my fractal gear purchases have always been my best gear purchases for exactly this reason.

I actually ordered an EV-1 and then sent it back due to the size.

I'm really looking forward to some info on this version.

Never cared for JJ ax7's in real life. I actually really love them in the AxeFX, along with the new Sylvanias. Both really nice editions! They seem to be much more than just a tonal change. Horses for courses, but try the different tube types out if the amp model you are using doesn't feel quite right.

After not seeing my good ol Mark I AXE FX for six months, I updated her to 6.0 today, I forgot how few User Cab slots there are compared to AX8 and XL, and there have been so many wonderful new cabs, between ML , FAS and OH and
Preset of the DAY and Dr. Bonkers, etc...released since this time, that I feel I gotta clear out all the slots and start again....serious First World problems....:(;):) and 6.0 is well worth the efforts

If you're connecting it through an MFC, this can be done globally with a single parameter change. Otherwise, you have MIN/MAX on every modifier, right?

Not the same. I use the Boss expression pedals with minimum control all the time. I have it attached to the master volume of whatever unit I plug into This lets me have a fixed minimum (rhythm) level and varying amounts of pure volume boost for solos and fills. This strategy has served me well for many years across a lot of devices.

Wow. What can I say.

This box has exceeded my needs and expectations MANY firmware updates ago. I seem to like them all, but for me, this one is really good. Thanks Cliff

Back
Top Bottom