Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

I knew this already as I spent my upgrade XL+ money on my first ever stratocaster yesterday... muaaahaaahaaaa

thanks thanks thanks... love taking the WHAs for a upgraded spin

I wonder how many congratulatory letters you would receive had the creator not busted his arse for the MKII users? I also wonder and hope they support him and his company by investing (i.e. purchasing new equipment - XL+)? Through such investments, the creator will be able to bring about new creations rather than worrying about keeping the lights on. I have NEVER seen an individual as dedicated to his clientele as this amazing Maestro. I hope that his clientele will attempt to be as supportive by updating and buying his latest wonders. Mr. Cliff deserves fame AND riches!

Well.... I bought a AX8 this week because I love this company!!! I'm not playing live these days so its not something I really needed beyond my Axe2. I just have never seen product support like this. I know I I'll enjoy my Ax8 when I know how to use it (a bit of reading ahead). But in the meantime I'll keep pointing players to Fractal and some have made the plunge and some likely to in the next few months. Thanks to Fractal Audio for all you do for us!!
P.S I've bought nearly all the cab packs along the way as well and would love to get an XL+ before too long.

Last edited:
Make clear to me please.
When I updated to version 6.0, the switch "Modeling Version" changed to Latest in all presets without my efforts. In all previous updates, the switch required changes manually. So it should be?
Do I need anything else to make the settings for all amp comply with all the latest changes in the 6.0 firmware? For example, the initialization of amp bock or select / deselect block?
or install the latest updates automatically change all amp settings and I do not need to do anything else ?

PS. I am XL owner. All my presets created by 5.03 firmware

Last edited:
Make clear to me please.
When I updated to version 6.0, the switch "Modeling Version" changed to Latest in all presets without my efforts. In all previous updates, the switch required changes manually. So it should be?
Do I need anything else to make the settings for all amp comply with all the latest changes in the 6.0 firmware? For example, the initialization of amp bock or select / deselect block?
or install the latest updates automatically change all amp settings and I do not need to do anything else ?

XL still has older modelling versions, if you want ALL your presets to use 6.0 you'll need to set the modelling version to "Latest" in the global menu.

Only the Mk1/MkIIs had the modelling removed.

I had some funny issues with CPU usage yesterday. I was hitting 95% at one point and was getting crackling.
It was just odd because I never ever have to normally worry about it. I rebooted and reloaded the patch I was tweaking and it went back down to 82%.

Anyone having the following issue?

When resetting the amp block (picking a different amp and going back to the original used), I'm noticing that input gain is staying the same no matter what amp model I go to. I tested it on different presets (factory, untouched) and the same thing is happening.

Is this normal?

@FractalAudio
Yes, as intended. Double Click BYPASS on the frontpanel (or CTRL+I in Axe-Edit) to reset Amp block to stock default.

Make clear to me please.

I reset the amp blocks on my 20 or so main presets every time I upgrade. I recently set the Global Modeling Version to "Latest". Does this mean I won't need to do the amp block resets going forward?

Cliff recommended resetting the wah blocks to pick up the new wah improvements.

XL still has older modelling versions, if you want ALL your presets to use 6.0 you'll need to set the modelling version to "Latest" in the global menu.
if I understand correctly, the global state of the menu is only relevant when creating new presets and does not change the existing presets. My existing presets was created, when global state was Latest. Does this mean that all future updates will automatically apply the latest changes?

if I understand correctly, the global state of the menu is only relevant when creating new presets and does not change the existing presets. My existing presets was created, when global state was Latest. Does this mean that all future updates will automatically apply the latest changes?

There are two Modeling Version params in Global. One applies to creating new presets. The other overrides the Modeling Version value in presets and sets it to the specified value.

BUG - Mark I (using front panel)

In the amp block go to GEQ page.. try dailing in some of the sliders. We dont see the valvu number anymore.
Only when using the Value weel on the front of the axe fx.
When using the quick contols.. this looses the number.

Can you guys try this out
@FractalAudio

BUG - Mark I (using front panel)

In the amp block go to GEQ page.. try dailing in some of the sliders. We dont see the valvu number anymore.
Only when using the Value weel on the front of the axe fx.
When using the quick contols.. this looses the number.

Can you guys try this out
@FractalAudio

It's always been like that.

Whoaa! Cliff rules \m/ so much dedication and passion! People talk about customer loyalty... now that's manufacturer loyalty! Cant wait to have this baby ported on the ax8 :)

Back
Top Bottom